• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

What is the general consensus on office policies - are you guys seeing a return to mandated masks in your offices?

This makes me angry as fuck.

"However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration released a joint statement rebuking Pfizer's push for a third dose, saying fully vaccinated Americans do not need booster shots at this time."

Officials' talk with Pfizer was mostly "a courtesy meeting," Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, also told CNBC on Tuesday. He said the real question right now is how long protection from the vaccines lasts and at what level of protection, a view echoed by other health experts.

Former Obama administration official Dr. Kavita Patel told CNBC on Monday, ahead of the Pfizer meeting, that booster shots seem like "an inevitability" due to newer variants, but questioned when that will happen. She also emphasized that the conversation around boosters in the U.S. must take into account the global impacts it will have on the vaccine rollout in other parts of the world.

Dr. Ashish Jha, dean of Brown University's School of Public Health, told CNBC on Friday he has "not seen any evidence, so far, that anybody needs a third shot."

The trial that I'm in is fucking 100% crystal clear that our antibodies are waning and that the booster improves immunity against the Beta and Delta variants.

Biden should be on this like stink on shit.

Is there any source where you can find what percentage of breakthroughs and hospitalizations are happening based on vaccine taken as well as how each vaccine is stacking up against the delta variant? I saw a study out of Israel about Pfizer vaccine effectiveness against it and there was also another one about j&j, but wasn't sure if the cdc or another entity was tracking and presenting this in a public facing manner as the data is coming in. It seems like they should be able to track all of this, but I just don't know where to find it or if it is publicly available.

"However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration released a joint statement rebuking Pfizer's push for a third dose, saying fully vaccinated Americans do not need booster shots at this time."

Officials' talk with Pfizer was mostly "a courtesy meeting," Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, also told CNBC on Tuesday. He said the real question right now is how long protection from the vaccines lasts and at what level of protection, a view echoed by other health experts.

Former Obama administration official Dr. Kavita Patel told CNBC on Monday, ahead of the Pfizer meeting, that booster shots seem like "an inevitability" due to newer variants, but questioned when that will happen. She also emphasized that the conversation around boosters in the U.S. must take into account the global impacts it will have on the vaccine rollout in other parts of the world.

Dr. Ashish Jha, dean of Brown University's School of Public Health, told CNBC on Friday he has "not seen any evidence, so far, that anybody needs a third shot."

The trial that I'm in is fucking 100% crystal clear that our antibodies are waning and that the booster improves immunity against the Beta and Delta variants.

I am not a doctor so someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it normal for antibodies to wane months after an infection? Our immune system has the memory of the virus and can create more antibodies if we are exposed to it, but we don’t carry around a ton of antibodies for every virus we have ever been exposed to in our lives.

Is there any source where you can find what percentage of breakthroughs and hospitalizations are happening based on vaccine taken as well as how each vaccine is stacking up against the delta variant? I saw a study out of Israel about Pfizer vaccine effectiveness against it and there was also another one about j&j, but wasn't sure if the cdc or another entity was tracking and presenting this in a public facing manner as the data is coming in. It seems like they should be able to track all of this, but I just don't know where to find it or if it is publicly available.

https://www.foxla.com/video/960485

Breakthrough cases: Over 25% of new COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles County are fully vaccinated people

That's the local LA news.

I am not a doctor so someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it normal for antibodies to wane months after an infection? Our immune system has the memory of the virus and can create more antibodies if we are exposed to it, but we don’t carry around a ton of antibodies for every virus we have ever been exposed to in our lives.

I should have been more clear; yes, antibodies diminish over time. I should have said, "ability to produce antibodies." That's the issue and I short-handed it.

Plus, isn't that the whole point of the mRNA vaccine as opposed to a dead virus vaccine? It is changing the cell composition through the RNA so that the protein spike is embedded in the cell memory and through cell reproduction. So it shouldn't wane because the memory should be reproducing. Unless, of course, it is just a placebo.

So basically Fauci is letting Americans die because he doesn't want to hurt the global rollout of the vaccine. It's obvious we need boosters. Delta is fucking us up.

This dude lies like he breathes.

Plus, isn't that the whole point of the mRNA vaccine as opposed to a dead virus vaccine? It is changing the cell composition through the RNA so that the protein spike is embedded in the cell memory and through cell reproduction. So it shouldn't wane because the memory should be reproducing. Unless, of course, it is just a placebo.

Well this is a real dumb dumb and completely wrong understanding of what the mRNA vaccine does. I would respond with real information but it’s 2&2 so everyone just laugh at him.

If I get the vaccine (placebo), does the mRNA make it into my sperm so I can pass along the immunity to future generations. I'm considering creating a race of superhumans with a bunch of hot models. Do not tell my wife.

That’s pretty nuanced for Facebook misinformation. Must be a YouTuber.

If I get the vaccine (placebo), does the mRNA make it into my sperm so I can pass along the immunity to future generations. I'm considering creating a race of superhumans with a bunch of hot models. Do not tell my wife.

I gave the placebo to your mom last night.

I was directly exposed to Covid this week. Sat next to an infected person in a conference room for 4 hours on Tuesday raw dogging it without a mask.

Curious if my previous infection + Phizer will keep me vid free.

So basically Fauci is letting Americans die because he doesn't want to hurt the global rollout of the vaccine. It's obvious we need boosters. Delta is fucking us up.

This dude lies like he breathes.

I mean, I don't know the man. But whatever changed in this particular realm from one administration to another, isn't awesome. Our government needs to be humping out these fucking vaccine boosters like crazy.

But it feels like we're sort of No Child Left Behind-ing it. "Let's get all these other people who don't want a vaccine vaccinated instead of giving more/better vaccines to the people who will take them."

It's a real catch .22, because as long as there is a giant pool of unvaccinated people for the virus to circulate in; we'll get new mutations. But we can drastically up our collective immunity by re-upping the "easy shotters" - which can have an enormous impact like we saw from May to now.

I was directly exposed to Covid this week. Sat next to an infected person in a conference room for 4 hours on Tuesday raw dogging it without a mask.

Curious if my previous infection + Phizer will keep me vid free.

That's another thing - the more often you're exposed, theoretically, the better off you are if you've got Pfizer. I got exposed a fair bit early on, and I was like a fucking tank. But it's been months since I've had any meaningful COVID contact that I know of.

I got my second shot in Aug/Sept of 2020. I'm nearing a year out.

Back