• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I do worry someone will eventually confront me for going maskless outside

Do you live somewhere where you're shoulder to shoulder with people on the sidewalk? Like in NYC or Chicago? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't worry anyway if you're fully vaxxed, but I could understand the necessity of wearing one outside if the situation is that people are packed like sardines on the sidewalks...at least before people were vaccinated.

The chances of getting Covid outside are slim to none unless you're fornicating with a Covid ho on a park bench.

Do you live somewhere where you're shoulder to shoulder with people on the sidewalk? Like in NYC or Chicago? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't worry anyway if you're fully vaxxed, but I could understand the necessity of wearing one outside if the situation is that people are packed like sardines on the sidewalks...at least before people were vaccinated.

The chances of getting Covid outside are slim to none unless you're fornicating with a Covid ho on a park bench.

Not really, more just noticing it's definitely 90% mask wearing outside going on

I did see two people alone in the car with a mask on last week. I know its been joked about many times, but to see in person is something.

If you're in a car with someone who isn't in your household, it makes sense to wear a mask.

If you're in a car with someone who isn't in your household, it makes sense to wear a mask.

This was two separate incidents of walking on the street and seeing someone who was driving alone in their car

At bar. No masks. It’s over. Yes, I know it’s Monday night but this place is packed.

Half of adults in the US are now vaccinated. I was at the bar on Saturday. No masks. I went to one about a month ago I guess and I was still weird about wearing a mask in between sips of beer (I had my two shots by then), and eventually gave up. I was at a house party a week later. Nobody had any masks and probably 20-30 people there.

Like I said, I'm done worrying about others. I'm fully vaxxed and so is half of America (the adults anyway, who are the people in bars). Time to start getting back onto the normal train, or as much of it as we can. It's a minor miracle that we had a vax that was tested and so successful within a year. We should take full advantage of that. I certainly intend to, but it is admittedly strange when you've been cooped up for a year.

I do worry someone will eventually confront me for going maskless outside

call me what you will, but i no longer give two shits for people that confront me for going maskless. all adults have had access to free vaccinations and those that decided to not get vaccinated or wait are taking their own health (and financial wellbeing if they get sick) into their hands. i do carry a mask with me most places and will put it on inside if most others are masked but rarely outside.

Haven't noticed a ton of change in mask wearing in grocery stores over the past month. Went to a botanical garden once in April, and again last Sunday-most everyone had masks on a month ago, almost no one did two days ago. The fact that it was 92 degrees this past Sunday may have been a factor.

Stopped at a truck stop just north of Montgomery, AL on Sunday and was shocked that literally everyone in the very packed store had a mask on. At the beach in FL now and no one is wearing masks other than the food runner we had at dinner last night.

Haven't noticed a ton of change in mask wearing in grocery stores over the past month. Went to a botanical garden once in April, and again last Sunday-most everyone had masks on a month ago, almost no one did two days ago. The fact that it was 92 degrees this past Sunday may have been a factor.

How often do you frequent botanical gardens?

Grocery store here changed their policy last week and the mask wearing went from 95% two weeks ago to like 40% in my most recent trip. The mask percentage among the employees was even lower.

I largely agree with ELC’s attitude but I still have young kids that I’d prefer to get vaccinated before I’ll feel totally comfortable.

Milkwich

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/15/health/covid-19-patients.html

Hundreds of thousands of Americans have sought medical care for post-Covid health problems that they had not been diagnosed with before becoming infected with the coronavirus, according to the largest study to date of long-term symptoms in Covid-19 patients.

The study, tracking the health insurance records of nearly two million people in the United States who contracted the coronavirus last year, found that one month or more after their infection, almost one-quarter — 23 percent — of them sought medical treatment for new conditions.

Those affected were all ages, including children. Their most common new health problems were pain, including in nerves and muscles; breathing difficulties; high cholesterol; malaise and fatigue; and high blood pressure. Other issues included intestinal symptoms; migraines; skin problems; heart abnormalities; sleep disorders; and mental health conditions like anxiety and depression.

Post-Covid health problems were common even among people who had not gotten sick from the virus at all, the study found. While nearly half of patients who were hospitalized for Covid-19 experienced subsequent medical issues, so did 27 percent of people who had mild or moderate symptoms and 19 percent of people who said they were asymptomatic.

Delta variant about to fuckin' piss me off. Worried that I'm not as protected as the rest of you chodes right now.

get yourself a "1st shot" booster!

Yeah man, I really want that, but Dr. Fauchi hasn't fast tracked it. I'm essentially in the "control" group for the 1st shot booster right now, because I wasn't selected to receive the booster in the booster study.

Back