• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Larry Ellison owns almost the entire island but it was not tough to visit before COVID.

Yup. Multiple ferries daily plus an airport.

Molokai is the restricted island off Maui, but it’s because of unexploded ordinance, not ownership.

Yup. Multiple ferries daily plus an airport.

Molokai is the restricted island off Maui, but it’s because of unexploded ordinance, not ownership.

I think you are thinking Kahoolawe. When I lived there in 2000 Lanai was not easily accessible, but that was when the Dole Company was still involved.

I think Molokai is where the old leper colony is located...I once went to a conference there. At a resort, not the leper colony.

We sailed over to Lanai, so it was definitely somewhat accessible.

All Novant vaccination sites are now open for walk-ins.

Eza7msEWQAEjp1o

You’re right.

Kahoolawe is currently under a massive effort to de-bomb, de-pig, de-goat, de-rat, de-weed, de-mosquito and get it set up as a reserve for all the native birds that are rapidly going extinct on all the main islands and outer atolls.

Phizer round two put me down for about 36 hours.

Definitely ready to get weird again. This summer is gonna be the GOAT of all the summers. VIBES.

I am one of those left with a good 3 inch circular red mark on my arm though

Pfizer #2 a couple hours ago. Started tylenol + drinking a lot of water. I had no reaction beyond arm soreness on #1. Glad to get that behind me.

Got Pfizer #2 at 1:44 yesterday. About 10:30 pm, it began to kick my ass (chills, probably a fever). Took a nap between classes between 3-4:30, which helped quite a bit. Tylenol did nothing, as far as I can tell. I'm generally an ibuprofen person, and that worked better.

Good news

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/axios-ipsos-coronavirus-index

Ninety-one percent of Americans have heard of the pause, showing a clear breakthrough of the issue in our collective consciousness in a very short period of time.
Nearly the same number, 88%, feel the FDA and CDC are acting responsibly by recommending a pause in the J&J vaccine (among those that have heard of the pause).
Over time, trust in the CDC and national public health officials to provide people with accurate information about COVID-19 has remained high, and steady (around two-thirds to 70% trust these entities), which could be a contributing factor in this belief.
Americans, regardless of political affiliation, feel health officials are acting responsibly by recommending the pause in the one-dose vaccines; 87% of Republicans and 91% of Democrats agree.

Currently, 20% say they are not at all likely to get the vaccine, as soon as it’s available to them. This number has remained steady since early January 2021.

Back