• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Alabama lifting its mask mandate on Friday. This is America.

I don't really see much daylight between having a mask mandate while allowing indoor dining, and no mask mandate

if the concern is to protect people who work inside, then businesses and schools can and should still mandate masks inside their doors

nationally, we're at 42% of adults with at least one dose, and that percentage has grown by 10 points every 15 days - hopefully the goal of not needing a mask will help reduce vaccine hesitancy

I don't really see much daylight between having a mask mandate while allowing indoor dining, and no mask mandate

if the concern is to protect people who work inside, then businesses and schools can and should still mandate masks inside their doors

nationally, we're at 42% of adults with at least one dose, and that percentage has grown by 10 points every 15 days - hopefully the goal of not needing a mask will help reduce vaccine hesitancy

hopefully people are going to stop being stupid? alas i have learned to reduce my expectations of americans

I know we all dunked on Texas when they did this. I certainly expected a surge there, but their numbers nearly a month later are down.

Nice to see Guilford Co Schools finally opening full time in 2 weeks.

I have only been in one place in Texas that has not required masks since the mask mandate was lifted. Maybe that place never enforced it anyway. I wear a mask for reasons other than it being mandated.

I think, for the most part, people who were wearing masks kept wearing them.

I have only been in one place in Texas that has not required masks since the mask mandate was lifted. Maybe that place never enforced it anyway. I wear a mask for reasons other than it being mandated.

I think, for the most part, people who were wearing masks kept wearing them.

This is pretty much what i noticed as well, not much changed after the mandate.

Florida has never had a mandate but everywhere I go requires masks.

Good point. Whenever we've stopped in the town north of us, few people are wearing masks.

Just got the juice at one of those FEMA mass vax sites where it was all Air Force personnel processing and distributing the vax. Shit was like something out of a post-apocalyptic movie.

Good point. Whenever we've stopped in the town north of us, few people are wearing masks.

I live about 25 minutes from campus, out in the county and the difference in the mask wearing rates when I stop by Lowes in the little town near my house vs Lowes near my campus office is astonishing.

Do people out in those rural areas make any comments to people who are in masks?

I get looks for wearing a mask everywhere I go, yes. The comments, though more common earlier in the pandemic, are usually something like "you don't have to wear that in here" or "I'm not sick so you can take that off". Effective way of making the mask wearer seem like they're the one in the wrong

But biff suggested half of them are already vaccinated so perhaps I've judged wrongly

Last edited:
Just got the juice at one of those FEMA mass vax sites where it was all Air Force personnel processing and distributing the vax. Shit was like something out of a post-apocalyptic movie.

Did you ask them if they knew what a stall alarm sounded like?

Once the vaccine is available to anyone that wants one, as in you can just walk into a CVS and get a shot no appointment, I am done on masks. Or really giving a fuck.

Side note.... Got shamed the other day. I was standing outside with a mask on about 5 feet from a dude and he turns around and asks me to give him six feet.

I politely took a step back, but called him a piece of shit pussy multiple times in my head.

Back