• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Just had to get tested again for some work travel in Miami at the Hard Rock stadium. Good news is it is appointment free rapid 20 min testing.

Bad news is it is still a swab up both nostrils to the back of the brain. Quite uncomfortable.

What’s the story behind how they came up with the test? How did they get from here’s a virus spread through the air and on surfaces to a brain tickle?

What’s the story behind how they came up with the test? How did they get from here’s a virus spread through the air and on surfaces to a brain tickle?

It’s a nasopharyngeal swab, which is a standard approach for sampling viral particles that affect the upper airway. As Donkey said, it’s the same swab used to assess for influenza.

I'm hearing that counties and hospitals on the western part of NC are seeing big spikes and are sending patients to Charlotte and Winston-Salem.

I'm hearing that counties and hospitals on the western part of NC are seeing big spikes and are sending patients to Charlotte and Winston-Salem.

same here in Tenn, hospitals are getting full.

Went out to eat with coworkers on Friday. Open air, 4 people at an 8 person table, used hand sanitizer. Felt a tickle in my throat on Monday, so got tested on Tuesday. Positive result on Thursday. Made it 8.5 months.

Fortunately, symptoms have been very mild so far. I felt a decent amount of body pain on Tuesday, but Advil has fixed that. Lost smell and taste as Wednesday went on and it's not back yet. No congestion, just have to cough every 10 minutes or so to clear my throat. Was going through major hot and cold phases throughout Tuesday, but those have slowed down. I'm hoping the worst is already over and that I'm on the up and up, but who knows.

Went out to eat with coworkers on Friday. Open air, 4 people at an 8 person table, used hand sanitizer. Felt a tickle in my throat on Monday, so got tested on Tuesday. Positive result on Thursday. Made it 8.5 months.

Fortunately, symptoms have been very mild so far. I felt a decent amount of body pain on Tuesday, but Advil has fixed that. Lost smell and taste as Wednesday went on and it's not back yet. No congestion, just have to cough every 10 minutes or so to clear my throat. Was going through major hot and cold phases throughout Tuesday, but those have slowed down. I'm hoping the worst is already over and that I'm on the up and up, but who knows.

Join us. We have a club now. Feel better soon, bro.

What was it like having to notify all your coworkers that you may have given them the rona?

Not the worst considering either I got it at the same spot they could have while they saw me taking precautions, or if I had it before, then it would have been some random one off that also could happen to anyone (grocery store, pickup counter etc). It’s not like I’ve been going to motorcycle rallies or anything. I’m still pretty confused and angry, but that could just be the Covid brain.

Last edited:
Back