• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Maybe? I went to a rally yesterday and literally don't recall seeing anyone without a mask on. Masks are supposed to be very effective - the issue is what do you do in situations where you can't wear a mask the entire time or where you have people who refuse to do so.

Pretty anecdotal numbers, there are tons of pictures of protestors without masks and shouting on top of it. In theory there is no way we don’t see a wave.

Fuck the mayor of LA was outside with protesters with no mask on.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

Pretty large scandal.

Governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company
Surgisphere, whose employees appear to include a sci-fi writer and adult content model, provided database behind Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine hydroxychloroquine studies

That’s too bad. It’s hard to imagine how NEJM and Lancet accepted such shady data - hopefully they vetted it well, but based on the response from the Lancet, it seems they may not have.

Maybe? I went to a rally yesterday and literally don't recall seeing anyone without a mask on. Masks are supposed to be very effective - the issue is what do you do in situations where you can't wear a mask the entire time or where you have people who refuse to do so.

Both Durham and Richmond protests were almost completely masked, from what I saw. In Durham they had people passing out masks to anyone who didn't have one.

About 60 hospitalized in Greensboro with COVID today. Ventilator numbers can be misleading, FYI, as docs are learning more and more about effective therapies has reduced the numbers of ventilators used in severe cases. At this point literally the only number I pay attention to is hospitalizations. Testing is such a joke that there is no way to learn about the disease Progression based on that data.

About 60 hospitalized in Greensboro with COVID today. Ventilator numbers can be misleading, FYI, as docs are learning more and more about effective therapies has reduced the numbers of ventilators used in severe cases. At this point literally the only number I pay attention to is hospitalizations. Testing is such a joke that there is no way to learn about the disease Progression based on that data.

How is that misleading? Whether you don't use a ventilator because you don't need one or because you use another "effective therapy", the result is the same - you recovered.

How is that misleading? Whether you don't use a ventilator because you don't need one or because you use another "effective therapy", the result is the same - you recovered.

What?

I took it that Willis thinks "number on vent" isn't a very helpful parameter to follow, because the move now is to delay vent use as much as possible. I agree that it's not as helpful a parameter, for that reason.

It's misleading if you're comparing number of people on vents as compared to number of people on vents a month or two ago. Its not a good indicator of those who are critically ill. Better to compare numbers hospitalized and/or number of people in the ICU.

Get it now, or do you want to keep up the 'let me play stupid and argumentative at the same time for fun' game?

Also although the test looks horrendous, it really doesn’t suck that much. Still sucks tho.

It's misleading if you're comparing number of people on vents as compared to number of people on vents a month or two ago. Its not a good indicator of those who are critically ill. Better to compare numbers hospitalized and/or number of people in the ICU.

Get it now, or do you want to keep up the 'let me play stupid and argumentative at the same time for fun' game?

You said they were getting "effective therapy". So if they receive effective therapy then they are not critically ill and don't need a ventilator, correct? Otherwise said therapy would not be effective.

Cata caught the rona? Is he the first verified board case?

Back