• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Canada has covidiots too, but no one listens to them

Sometimes you don’t know what’s in your head until someone comes along and articulates it so well...

I think that sentiment ties into how I am feeling lately. The people that were mad about a war on Christmas or floated other crazy theories were just an annoyance that were easy to ignore. By ignoring them and not dealing with it society basically enabled them and in our silence allowed them to grab a foothold which further normalized their crazy. Its been happening for years and it really didn't matter at the time, oh no its just crazy Karen ranting on facebook. Then a pandemic happened, and these same people that are required to function in society to enable a return to any semblance of normal continued to do the crazy. You can't rationalize with them because they were allowed to be crazy for way too fucking long, so now here we are microchips being implanted in future vaccines, masks that are toxic with CO2, my freedoms, and whatever else that helps a virus and undermines societies fight against it.

I think that sentiment ties into how I am feeling lately. The people that were mad about a war on Christmas or floated other crazy theories were just an annoyance that were easy to ignore. By ignoring them and not dealing with it society basically enabled them and in our silence allowed them to grab a foothold which further normalized their crazy. Its been happening for years and it really didn't matter at the time, oh no its just crazy Karen ranting on facebook. Then a pandemic happened, and these same people that are required to function in society to enable a return to any semblance of normal continued to do the crazy. You can't rationalize with them because they were allowed to be crazy for way too fucking long, so now here we are microchips being implanted in future vaccines, masks that are toxic with CO2, my freedoms, and whatever else that helps a virus and undermines societies fight against it.

Yup. My Secretary is terrified of the uranium in our arrowhead water, the pesticides in the grass at the park next door, and would package and take her keyboard home for a month after we fumigated the building. She's like 60 and overweight. I've spent easily 2 weeks of my mental energy at work having to manage said concerns over the years and the various conflicts with co-workers that result. But once we have an actual deadly virus going around that puts her at real quantifiable risk, it doesn't phase her at all.

Consequences from the 2&2s of the world.

Consequences from the 2&2s of the world.

That's the point, right? Make sure as many people as possible get it to get herd immunity. Looks like all is going according to plan here.

I think what's really going to be hard to capture 10 years from now is how many small, but important facts are just straight up unknown at certain points. Will it come to the US, or will it be another MERS/SARS? Ok, the cruise ships have it on the west coast, is that the end of it? Bats? Lab? Ok, community spread is here, is there a vaccine? What are the symptoms? Are hospitals out of PPE, why? Are ventilators a must or you die? Why toilet paper? Why paper towels? When will we have equalized the supply chain? Cytokine storm? Asymptomatic spreaders? Only old people? Only preexisting conditions? Only Bloody Type A dies? Why Italy? Why NY? Why "social distancing" instead of "physical distancing"? Can you get it twice? How long before you can get it again? Is it going to remain in the population like the flu?

All of these questions have been or will be answered. But there were/are times where not knowing the answers created some significant impacts. That kind of thing is hard to put in a history book.

Haven’t heard from 2&2 in a while....

Made it back alive. It wasn't as Wild West as I was expecting, at least the resort where we were staying they were strictly enforcing masks in all common areas. Pretty much everyone complied, as well as at the restaurants and the one time I went to the grocery store. Driving down towards the amusement park area it was clear the typical Demo/Millennial/BLM crowd was being more careless, but we didn't get out of the car down there.

Aspen Grille was decent. They are definitely trying to make it more of a steakhouse, but I could name at least a dozen steakhouses in the CLiT that are superior. I got a NY strip and it was solid, but if I go back I'd probably stick with the seafood, which was quite good. Overall it was behind Hook & Barrel and Sea Captain.

Made it back alive. It wasn't as Wild West as I was expecting, at least the resort where we were staying they were strictly enforcing masks in all common areas. Pretty much everyone complied, as well as at the restaurants and the one time I went to the grocery store. Driving down towards the amusement park area it was clear the typical Demo/Millennial/BLM crowd was being more careless, but we didn't get out of the car down there.

Aspen Grille was decent. They are definitely trying to make it more of a steakhouse, but I could name at least a dozen steakhouses in the CLiT that are superior. I got a NY strip and it was solid, but if I go back I'd probably stick with the seafood, which was quite good. Overall it was behind Hook & Barrel and Sea Captain.

Good. Glad we're finally whipping tourists into shape so that we can have living service industry members next year.

New York Prime is the best restaurant up in the Myrtle Area, i forgot about that one!

Also, Zoomers don't give a shit about this virus at all which is why we need to detain them until we figure out what the hell is going on.

Also, Zoomers don't give a shit about this virus at all which is why we need to detain them until we figure out what the hell is going on.

So reopen schools and colleges and universities?

Back