• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I started coming down with fever and congestion monday night. yesterday I was pretty much wiped out. today definitely feels like I am on the backside of it.

Glad you're feeling better. My wife tested positive yesterday morning and seems to be following your pattern. So far, I'm not feeling anything and I'm even masking up in the common areas of our house because I do not want to get as sick as she is.

we finally got got too.

youngest woke up Saturday morning completely miserable. tested positive. the other three of us were negative. he's much better but still has some cough. i tested pos Monday. still feel crappy but i think getting better. wife woke up miserable today and tested positive. at least I have a four day weekend to waste on covid.

i will say my experience has been weird. all my symptoms come and go with varying degrees of intensity. feel pretty good, then fall into lethargy. add sinus pain and a cough. pain goes away, now my cough intensifies. then I rest and feel ok for a little while. then exhausted again. its really strange.

for the folks walking around outside solo wearing a mask, I'm curious at what point they'll be comfortable going no mask

another one I don't get is the guy in the grocery store wearing a mask, but wearing it well below the nose

another one I don't get is the guy in the grocery store wearing a mask, but wearing it well below the nose

This gets me. You're not required to wear it, so why are you wearing it and not making it effective?

Can anyone get boosted if it's been >6 months since the last? If so, I'm going to get one next week. Have to test negative to get on the small ship in Athens, and that sounds extremely nerve racking.

the booster does not prevent you from testing positive tho

I can attest to this

might want to look into travel insurance, if you need a negative test to have the vacation

(I paid for it and did not need it, which is irritating, but sure beats losing a vacation)

Can anyone get boosted if it's been >6 months since the last? If so, I'm going to get one next week. Have to test negative to get on the small ship in Athens, and that sounds extremely nerve racking.

I took my kid for her first booster about a month ago and while I was there I mentioned I’m heading out of the us soon. Also have immunocompromised condition but am under 50. They said I should probably get a second so I did.

I got my booster the week after Christmas so I am due for another. Should I wait for an updated booster developed for Omicron or get the current booster?

I'm boosted and have gotten it twice now. I'll probably only get another shot if I make it like a year without getting it or something.

I'm boosted and have gotten it twice now. I'll probably only get another shot if I make it like a year without getting it or something.

what were the dates on your infections?

thought I had it for sure on Friday but tested four times negative

I went and got the fourth shot. The pharmacist was happy to deliver.

Just heard that the guy I had dinner with on Thursday and lunch with on Friday tested positive this morning. What’s the right move for me? Quarantine? Wear a mask in the house? When should I test?

Back