Page 288 of 315 FirstFirst ... 188238278283284285286287288289290291292293298 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,760 of 6282

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    If you're in a car with someone who isn't in your household, it makes sense to wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    If you're in a car with someone who isn't in your household, it makes sense to wear a mask.
    This was two separate incidents of walking on the street and seeing someone who was driving alone in their car

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    At bar. No masks. Itís over. Yes, I know itís Monday night but this place is packed.
    Half of adults in the US are now vaccinated. I was at the bar on Saturday. No masks. I went to one about a month ago I guess and I was still weird about wearing a mask in between sips of beer (I had my two shots by then), and eventually gave up. I was at a house party a week later. Nobody had any masks and probably 20-30 people there.

Like I said, I'm done worrying about others. I'm fully vaxxed and so is half of America (the adults anyway, who are the people in bars). Time to start getting back onto the normal train, or as much of it as we can. It's a minor miracle that we had a vax that was tested and so successful within a year. We should take full advantage of that. I certainly intend to, but it is admittedly strange when you've been cooped up for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    I do worry someone will eventually confront me for going maskless outside

call me what you will, but i no longer give two shits for people that confront me for going maskless. all adults have had access to free vaccinations and those that decided to not get vaccinated or wait are taking their own health (and financial wellbeing if they get sick) into their hands. i do carry a mask with me most places and will put it on inside if most others are masked but rarely outside.

Haven't noticed a ton of change in mask wearing in grocery stores over the past month. Went to a botanical garden once in April, and again last Sunday-most everyone had masks on a month ago, almost no one did two days ago. The fact that it was 92 degrees this past Sunday may have been a factor.

Stopped at a truck stop just north of Montgomery, AL on Sunday and was shocked that literally everyone in the very packed store had a mask on. At the beach in FL now and no one is wearing masks other than the food runner we had at dinner last night.

Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    Haven't noticed a ton of change in mask wearing in grocery stores over the past month. Went to a botanical garden once in April, and again last Sunday-most everyone had masks on a month ago, almost no one did two days ago. The fact that it was 92 degrees this past Sunday may have been a factor.
    How often do you frequent botanical gardens?

Grocery store here changed their policy last week and the mask wearing went from 95% two weeks ago to like 40% in my most recent trip. The mask percentage among the employees was even lower.

I largely agree with ELCís attitude but I still have young kids that Iíd prefer to get vaccinated before Iíll feel totally comfortable.

Milkwich

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/15/h...-patients.html

Hundreds of thousands of Americans have sought medical care for post-Covid health problems that they had not been diagnosed with before becoming infected with the coronavirus, according to the largest study to date of long-term symptoms in Covid-19 patients.

The study, tracking the health insurance records of nearly two million people in the United States who contracted the coronavirus last year, found that one month or more after their infection, almost one-quarter ó 23 percent ó of them sought medical treatment for new conditions.

Those affected were all ages, including children. Their most common new health problems were pain, including in nerves and muscles; breathing difficulties; high cholesterol; malaise and fatigue; and high blood pressure. Other issues included intestinal symptoms; migraines; skin problems; heart abnormalities; sleep disorders; and mental health conditions like anxiety and depression.

Post-Covid health problems were common even among people who had not gotten sick from the virus at all, the study found. While nearly half of patients who were hospitalized for Covid-19 experienced subsequent medical issues, so did 27 percent of people who had mild or moderate symptoms and 19 percent of people who said they were asymptomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    I didn't read the entire article, but, how do those percentages compare to people who had not had covid over the same time period?

Delta variant about to fuckin' piss me off. Worried that I'm not as protected as the rest of you chodes right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Deac Doug View Post
    Delta variant about to fuckin' piss me off. Worried that I'm not as protected as the rest of you chodes right now.
    You got dat early Pfizer IIRC?

You got dat early Pfizer IIRC?
    Yeah. August

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Deac Doug View Post
    Yeah. August
    get yourself a "1st shot" booster!

get yourself a "1st shot" booster!
    Yeah man, I really want that, but Dr. Fauchi hasn't fast tracked it. I'm essentially in the "control" group for the 1st shot booster right now, because I wasn't selected to receive the booster in the booster study.

Dickie Hemric
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

What is the general consensus on office policies - are you guys seeing a return to mandated masks in your offices?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    What is the general consensus on office policies - are you guys seeing a return to mandated masks in your offices?
    Yes

Shared areas and meetings with 3+ people.

Two vaxed people can have an unmasked convo on a private office.

Dickie Hemric
    We never stopped wearing them in our office.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

This makes me angry as fuck.

"However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration released a joint statement rebuking Pfizer's push for a third dose, saying fully vaccinated Americans do not need booster shots at this time."

Officials' talk with Pfizer was mostly "a courtesy meeting," Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, also told CNBC on Tuesday. He said the real question right now is how long protection from the vaccines lasts and at what level of protection, a view echoed by other health experts.

Former Obama administration official Dr. Kavita Patel told CNBC on Monday, ahead of the Pfizer meeting, that booster shots seem like "an inevitability" due to newer variants, but questioned when that will happen. She also emphasized that the conversation around boosters in the U.S. must take into account the global impacts it will have on the vaccine rollout in other parts of the world.

Dr. Ashish Jha, dean of Brown University's School of Public Health, told CNBC on Friday he has "not seen any evidence, so far, that anybody needs a third shot."

The trial that I'm in is fucking 100% crystal clear that our antibodies are waning and that the booster improves immunity against the Beta and Delta variants.

Biden should be on this like stink on shit.