• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

and you didn't put on your hat/sunglasses and do a reaction take behind the wheel before leaving the parking lot?

Just tested positive tonight. Mild symptoms started last night. This past week was the first time I had been in an airport since pre-pandemic. I didn't take my mask off at all on the first flight, but we were delayed on the tarmac for the second one and I unmasked for drink service. I just got my second booster right at a month ago. This really sucks, because my wife had been home with our almost 4YO for basically two weeks while I was travelling with our older daughter, and I had like 36 hours to relieve her before now having to quarantine. Everyone else tested negative tonight. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Yo…. With polio back around… how do you know if you were vaccinated for it? I’m 33 and assume I got all the standard immunizations…

Did you go to public school? Did you go to college? Are you super religious?

If you answered yes, yes, no. You’re good.

Went to the doctor today for the first time in forever and all these old people were crammed onto an elevator wearing masks. We went up a couple of floors and this one lady freaked out and got off. Not sure if it was because there were so many people on the elevator and she was worried she was going to catch The Vid or she was claustrophobic or she thought the elevator cable was going to break. I obligingly put on a mask when I arrived at the doctor's office.

It's back-to-school time and my kid had her meet-the-teacher event last night. Kids and parents jam packed into little classrooms and other spaces. I felt a little uncomfortable solely and only due to being in the Covid frame of mind that has been part of life for the past couple of years, even though I don't mask anymore and don't really think about it, honestly. I guess that's gonna take a while to shake.

just got word that a longtime friend, triple (at least) vaxed and 59, passed away from Covid this morning

ffs

damn, very sorry for your loss

sounds like the updated boosters are rolling out soon

My kid caught it. He tested positive last night. I've been congested, so I tested, but I'm negative.

Just in time for Labor Day!

trying to wrap my head around what in the world happened with my friend

failing, mostly (I have not spoken in detail with his widow, also my friend, and probably never will)

best I can figure - he was too young and healthy for Paxlovid, and then took a turn, and it was too late

kind of like this, but way worse

failing, mostly (I have not spoken in detail with his widow, also my friend, and probably never will)

best I can figure - he was too young and healthy for Paxlovid, and then took a turn, and it was too late

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I got covid for the 2nd time back in July and when I called the Dr to ask about Paxlovid, they told me I didn't qualify. Luckily, I was fine in about 36 hours.

yeah, unless you're a boomer or have a short list of vulnerabilities that giant pile of paxlovid is untouchable. pretty frustrating

It's absurd. The rationing of treatment is bizarre. It made sense when the vaccine first came out and the monoclonal stuff was so expensive, but what is the rational for rationing this medication? They gave it to my dad, 78 diabetic, without hesitation.

Back