• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

What do you think Trump's reaction will be if the market goes lower than his Inauguration Day?

If could be fun to see.

HAHAHAHA you know those old people who have like a 10% mortality rate from this virus that we can't be assed to deal with? Well we're also going to see like half of their retirement accounts vanish into thin air when they need it most HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What is the sum total of all credit card debt in this country?

Literally copypasta'd your text into google:

Total U.S. credit card outstanding debt stands at $1.04 trillion as of December 2019, which includes both revolving and transacting balances.

Why the fuck would a market crash be fun to see, dipshit?

It will bounce pretty soon.

And unless you are day trading rather than being in long term or have planned to take money out this month, temporary downturns are just that.

Last edited:
Why can't a single economist agree on something as simple as whether we're in a deflationary period or an inflationary period? I guess incomes are going to go down, but at the same time supply is going down which are going to force prices up. Fairly terrible combination, no?

Feds pumping money into the system, but not sure anyone wants to buy anything, yet people are going into the dollar as if it's a safe haven. I can't figure this ish out. I just wanna know if home prices gonna crash so I can swoop in and buy, assuming I live.

Why can't a single economist agree on something as simple as whether we're in a deflationary period or an inflationary period? I guess incomes are going to go down, but at the same time supply is going down which are going to force prices up. Fairly terrible combination, no?

Feds pumping money into the system, but not sure anyone wants to buy anything, yet people are going into the dollar as if it's a safe haven. I can't figure this ish out. I just wanna know if home prices gonna crash so I can swoop in and buy, assuming I live.

This. I am getting ready to list my house in SC and move my family out to California to be with me. Right now I am renting a small apartment but am looking to upsize for the family. Should I rent, buy? Sell my house or hold on it it and rent it? So much uncertainty.

I am not sure what the point of this tweet is, but if he is trying to say the Fed just "spent" our whole military budget, he's completely wrong.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/federal-reserve-trying-stop-financial-crisis/607987/
A few technical points: The Fed did not spend $1.5 trillion. This was not a $1.5 trillion bailout. It did not cost Americans $1.5 trillion. It was not a $1.5 trillion subsidy for hedge funds and the like. It did not use up $1.5 trillion in resources that could have gone to another cause, whether Wall Street bailouts or Medicare for All.

The Fed works in weird ways, but here goes: The central bank announced that it would offer financial firms up to $1.5 trillion in short-term, collateralized loans. A firm can borrow $100 in cash overnight, for example, but only if it gives the Fed $100 in Treasury securities backed by the full faith and credit of the American government, and pays a small amount of interest too. Doing this costs the Fed nothing, and costs the American taxpayer nothing; when all is said and done, the central bank will probably make a small amount of money off the interest payments.

The Fed chose to do this not as a payoff for Wall Street or to calm the stock market. (It has nothing to do with the stock market at all, though equities crashing is in part a sign of the very financial strain the Fed is attempting to soothe.) It did it to help make sure that the market for Treasury bonds continues to function normally. It was not using taxpayer dollars to juice a money-losing industry, but instead acting as an emergency backstop for the markets writ large.

If he's just trying to say it was a big-ass injection of cash into the system, OK.

i told my investment manager to significantly reduce the risk in my portfolio today. Best case we are flat for a while. if we end up like Italy we could test 15K.

i told my investment manager to significantly reduce the risk in my portfolio today. Best case we are flat for a while. if we end up like Italy we could test 15K.

Do you think if it drops past 19,000 that it could go into free fall?

Chris, man, selling low/buying high?

i think its likely to be tons of downward price pressure until we get through this, which will be at least 6 months. Will look for an opportunity to re balance then.

Normally don't time but this is a different animal being a pandemic and all.

Still up 12% from the beginning of last year.

Back