• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

Why? You can’t listen to a differing opinion? You want to shut up the guy who doesn’t believe in the same things as you? That’s what’s wrong with America right now. It’s my way or the highway, and you’re either far as you can get to the left, and far as you can get to the right. People need to come closer to the middle.

it's tone deaf at the very best to claim that "all American lives" have improved under Trump when we are less than 24 hours into a National Emergency declaration - one regarding a national emergency which Trump has helped to exacerbate

it's tone deaf at the very best to claim that "all American lives" have improved under Trump when we are less than 24 hours into a National Emergency declaration - one regarding a national emergency which Trump has helped to exacerbate

To add, he’s actively trying to take away healthcare for Americans who received said healthcare under Obama. How’s that going to be “better for every American” if he gets his way? He was a John McCain away for achieving that goal. Thank god McCain went against him, or else many Americans would actually be doing a lot worse.

Except Obama ended that process very quickly.

It's still going on under Trump.

False. Trump hasn’t come close to touching Obama’s deportation numbers. Obama signed a $600MM bill in 2010 strictly about border control. It hired hundreds of ICE and border patrol agents. It split up families and detained them for half a decade. It was wrong then and it’s wrong now that Trump is loud about hating Mexicans.

Not wrong. I was talking exclusively about family separation and cages.

It was wrong when Obama did. I never said anything else.

Obama did hold unaccompanied minors in cages which I find pretty bad. What he didn’t do was separate families who were detained together with kids placed in cages at the same rate Donald did.

Not wrong. I was talking exclusively about family separation and cages.

It was wrong when Obama did. I never said anything else.

What? He got sued by ACLU like a dozen times for his detention policy and center conditions as recently as 2015.

False. Trump hasn’t come close to touching Obama’s deportation numbers. Obama signed a $600MM bill in 2010 strictly about border control. It hired hundreds of ICE and border patrol agents. It split up families and detained them for half a decade. It was wrong then and it’s wrong now that Trump is loud about hating Mexicans.

Split up families?

Obama did hold unaccompanied minors in cages which I find pretty bad. What he didn’t do was separate families who were detained together with kids placed in cages.

Not as a matter of policy, only in cases where they were thought to be unaccompanied or couldn’t tell if they belonged to parents. But his own border chief used the same language the Trump admin used about making it a deterrent. It’s a difference of degree not of substance. Obama absolutely paved the way for Trump to be barbaric, and I have no idea why he gets a pass for it.

Not as a matter of policy, only in cases where they were thought to be unaccompanied or couldn’t tell if they belonged to parents. But his own border chief used the same language the Trump admin used about making it a deterrent. It’s a difference of degree not of substance. Obama absolutely paved the way for Trump to be barbaric, and I have no idea why he gets a pass for it.

Don’t disagree there.

It’s not just republican lives that have improved during the Trump presidency, it’s all American lives. Imo, the biggest thing the president can do in his position is create jobs for America so citizens can rely on themselves, not the government. Trump has done that. He also has worked through his entire presidency to create, and bring back jobs in America. Now is a perfect example of why it is so important to have jobs and businesses in America. We are almost totally reliant on China right now for medicine and supplies. If he wasn’t working to improve the export/import ratio, we would be in an even more dangerous position. I don’t agree with everything he says or does. But I agree with his policy. I do wish he handled this differently, and I’m sure he does too. When he said it’s “yet another hoax”, I actually think he meant another way the media will try and push him out of office. I don’t know think he was calling the virus a hoax. He didn’t, and hasn’t made that clear though.

It’s not just republican lives that have improved during the Trump presidency, it’s all American lives. Imo, the biggest thing the president can do in his position is create jobs for America so citizens can rely on themselves, not the government. Trump has done that. He also has worked through his entire presidency to create, and bring back jobs in America. Now is a perfect example of why it is so important to have jobs and businesses in America. We are almost totally reliant on China right now for medicine and supplies. If he wasn’t working to improve the export/import ratio, we would be in an even more dangerous position. I don’t agree with everything he says or does. But I agree with his policy. I do wish he handled this differently, and I’m sure he does too. When he said it’s “yet another hoax”, I actually think he meant another way the media will try and push him out of office. I don’t know think he was calling the virus a hoax. He didn’t, and hasn’t made that clear though.

You can't be serious. He has "created" fewer jobs than Obama did in his last term.

His policy towards China has not brought back any jobs from China. In fact, it has cost thousands of farming and trucking jobs.

As to your insane concept of what he meant saying hoax, you can't be serious. He DID say the virus was a hoax. To prove this, he said we had fifteen cases and soon we'd have ZERO. We have 120 times as many cases as we did when he said it would go to ZERO.

And regardless of his economic successes which can be debated on the positives and negatives, the damage he is doing to this country having an unmitigated sociopath as our leader cannot be overstated.

And regardless of his economic successes which can be debated on the positives and negatives, the damage he is doing to this country having an unmitigated sociopath as our leader cannot be overstated.

But can you imagine the damage her emails would be doing?

But look at how great the stock market has been doing! And all those new jobs! And all those conservative judges! As a Trumpite told me last year, they only focus on the welfare of their family and some extended kin, and since they're all doing great under Trump that's really all that matters. Of course some might call that selfishness or tunnel vision, but to them it's just traditional family values.

Last edited:

Obama did most of this to appease and middle right GOP voters and give the Dems an aire of being tough on immigration. The GOP responded by claiming Dems are for open borders and love Mexican rapists more than Americans. This is what happens when moderates try to play ball with the current GOP.

Obama did most of this to appease and middle right GOP voters and give the Dems an aire of being tough on immigration. The GOP responded by claiming Dems are for open borders and love Mexican rapists more than Americans. This is what happens when moderates try to play ball with the current GOP.

This.

But look at how great the stock market has been doing! And all those new jobs! And all those conservative judges! As a Trumpite told me last year, they only focus on the welfare of their family and some extended kin, and since they're all doing great under Trump that's really all that matters. Of course some might call that selfishness or tunnel vision, but to them it's just traditional family values.

The DJIA is up about 4000 points since Trump took over. That's about 22% over 3.3 years. This is about 6.7%/year. Obama's eight year average was about 14%/year.

Back