• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

I am getting ready to sell a house and I am just as nervous. Mine is also mid range so i feel that people looking for this size home are probably not scraping to get by. I could try to rent it as well but that is risky unless you have a tenant that has a guaranteed job in a crappy economy. I just need to have my mortgage paid to I can get a place for my family in CA.

You might prize having geographic flexibility/Easy mobility in the near and moderate future. When you’re renting, you’re paying a small premium to have that flexibility.

Also, I’d question in the current environment whether any area is truly “recession-proof”

We already own a townhouse that we’ll be renting. This purchase is probably a 7-10 year home. Nowhere is recession proof, but it shouldn’t have near the volatility seen in CA, FL, etc.

b82ccb924713fd19011139be45153742.plist
5e1dc2e2ab45cd23874d420b715a7a6f.plist
5ed6d1cc6dce1e1f620c1423d727f580.plist

You can’t compare the current situation to the one Obama experienced. The stock market has gone down for a reason, and none of it has to do with Trump. I don’t know if that’s what you’re trying to prove here or not.

This is what the conservative line is going to be, SD? Trump screwed up in so many ways. This isn't second guessing. Obama was prepared for this and Trump threw it all away. Hell, Obama even tried to prepare Trump for it during the transition and Trump turned it all to shit.

This isn't some random act of God anymore than H1N1 or Ebola were. There are people who dedicate their lives to containing these diseases. Good leaders listen to those people. You can't ignore knowledge because you're proud of your ignorance.

The stock market crash is a sign of the lack of faith our institutions have in Trump's leadership.

You can’t compare the current situation to the one Obama experienced. The stock market has gone down for a reason, and none of it has to do with Trump. I don’t know if that’s what you’re trying to prove here or not.

When it went up on Friday, was that because of Trump?

The irony is the market, which is all the president cares about, would’ve probably been more stable if he’d handled the medical crisis better.

I'm gonna have to stop checking on my Roth out of morbid curiosity. Jesus Fucking Tapdancing Christ.

you like to vote for Trump but not admit it, we get it

The irony is the market, which is all the president cares about, would’ve probably been more stable if he’d handled the medical crisis better.

I’ve been told the crash has nothing to do with Trump.

"none of it has to do with Trump" is just nonsense. I mean, the Dow futures were literally dropping with each sentence that came out of his mouth during his fucked up address to the nation where he scared the shit out of everyone and then tried to fix his numerous mistakes by tweet.

I'm gonna have to stop checking on my Roth out of morbid curiosity. Jesus Fucking Tapdancing Christ.

You're a young guy. Why do you even care?

so this stimulus package...

you know they teach industry to not save money for rainy days since tax payers will bail them out. they spent all of the tax break buying back shares and paying dividends to support the top 15% of wage earners. what ever happened to the Republicans that used to be free market disciples? These businesses, all the ones trying to get government assistance, got YUGE tax cuts, and the working class should not be tasked to provide welfare for businesses while real people can't get health care, housing, or food.

Priorities are fucked up right now in America. I have zero faith that Trump will not give big payouts to corporations, again, while leaving the bill on the working class Americans.

I’ve been told the crash has nothing to do with Trump.

But somehow it's easy to suspect that if the market goes up today that Trump will personally sign graphs of the increase, and conservatives will brag about how his strong leadership has steadied the markets. It's just the historic recent market drops that aren't his fault. The increases are all his.

Back