• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

This could come back to bite my ass but I am really not concerned. As someone nowhere near retirement, seems like a good time to buy.

How would the dems have prevented this? I am not saying it's their fault, but Trump or the Democrats can't stop a pandemic.

Do you think a bunch more corona virus tests distributed would fix the problem, obviously it would be nice to have but it wouldn't make an impact on the global economy.

Prevent? Don’t be dense.

But on one hand you could have a strategy of transparency/honesty, expert advice, and widespread testing so you have better information on the scope of the problem and you are in better position to deal with what happens.

On the other hand, you could do what Trump is doing.

How again is this Trumps fault, and how would the Democrats platform prevent a pandemic?

Because he knew about it in January and did nothing to prepare the health care infrastructure. His daily lies about what's going on also negatively impacts the market. It's one thing to lie about the size of a crowd but is much more telling in the handling of a true crisis.

Saying "the fake news" is the problem with the market shows his total abdication of his duties. This is very much an issue of market confidence.

How again is this Trumps fault, and how would the Democrats platform prevent a pandemic?

The Dems wouldn’t have gutted the CDC and other governmental health organizations. They also would not have appointed a former governor who is credited with an opioid and HIV crisis to be the face of their pandemic response operations.

When you strip down government services and appoint “yes men” to run what’s left, the government will fail. It that’s what happening right now. A wide scale government failure. The good times are over.

Prevent? Don’t be dense.

But on one hand you could have a strategy of transparency/honesty, expert advice, and widespread testing so you have better information on the scope of the problem and you are in better position to deal with what happens.

On the other hand, you could do what Trump is doing.

Sure but it would have little impact on the global markets.

The Dems wouldn’t have gutted the CDC and other governmental health organizations. They also would not have appointed a former governor who is credited with an opioid and HIV crisis to be the face of their pandemic response operations.

When you strip down government services and appoint “yes men” to run what’s left, the government will fail. It that’s what happening right now. A wide scale government failure. The good times are over.

OK, what's the rest of the worlds excuse then?

So?

Are you trying to control a disease outbreak or are you trying to keep stocks afloat?

I figure the stock market will rebound to a certain point once the crisis passes, taking into account some level of correction. The bigger risk, imo, is that the US is no longer viewed as a safe haven due to our inadequate response to the crisis.

I figure the stock market will rebound to a certain point once the crisis passes, taking into account some level of correction. The bigger risk, imo, is that the US is no longer viewed as a safe haven due to our inadequate response to the crisis.

TITCR

Catamounts’ persona really grinds my gears. Hopefully he’s not that bad in real life, because if so he’s everything that’s terrible about Austin in 2020.

Catamounts’ persona really grinds my gears. Hopefully he’s not that bad in real life, because if so he’s everything that’s terrible about Austin in 2020.

How can I be everything wrong with Austin if I am not even from California?

It’s mostly schtick.

And our idiot-in-chief who has no sense whatsoever how to govern and has proven we are an unreliable partner and untrustworthy.

A safe haven for people, capital, or both?

Sure, the market would be crashing now regardless of who or which party controlled the White House or Congress.

But there’s no doubt we are today in a far weaker position to deal with this than when Trump took over.

Thx Pubs.

Back