• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

To the rank and file (deluded) Republicans, he’ll always get a pass.

Always responsible for anything viewed as good. Always the victim (never responsible) otherwise.

Wake up, people.

Privatize gains, socialize losses, get judges. Trump 2020 #maga

No surprise. It's all about PR for him, not substance. It's funny that most of the major news outlets are saying today that the market is rebounding due to Trump's promise to unveil a "major" plan to combat the virus and its effects on the economy this week. And, of course, it will include more tax cuts! I can't wait to see what he proposes, if it ever actually materializes.

The payroll tax holiday is a total scam. What good is it if you are losing hours? Or are laid off?

How would the dems have prevented this? I am not saying it's their fault, but Trump or the Democrats can't stop a pandemic.

Do you think a bunch more corona virus tests distributed would fix the problem, obviously it would be nice to have but it wouldn't make an impact on the global economy.

I think we would have a coherent response that would have (a) mitigated the spread of the virus to the extent possible; and (b) not gone completely dumb and scared the markets.

Trump and advisers have been taking calls since Monday from concerned energy sector allies, who have voiced concern and at times exasperation not only about oil prices, but also privately warning against the administration supporting any sweeping paid sick leave policy, according to a major GOP donor and a White House official familiar with the discussions. These people spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly discuss private conversations.

No way they can really do a 0% payroll tax holiday for more than a month or two without running out of money.

I sure as hell won't be sending the money back.

No way they can really do a 0% payroll tax holiday for more than a month or two without running out of money.

I sure as hell won't be sending the money back.

And by all means end the tax holiday before the holiday season.

I think extending it thru the election is nonsense.

Oh, lol, of course. They also want to get rid of the employer's portion.

Dems should ok some degree of payroll tax holiday as long as we start requiring paid sick leave.

Dems should ok some degree of payroll tax holiday as long as we start requiring paid sick leave.

Seems a fair trade in exchange for the employer part of the payroll tax cut.

Agreed, except that one of the news blurbs above says that Trump's "energy sector allies" don't want paid sick leave and are advising him against it. I have a hunch that many Republican members of Congress and their corporate allies may balk at required sick leave pay, even if Trump agreed to it.

Agreed, except that one of the news blurbs above says that Trump's "energy sector allies" don't want paid sick leave and are advising him against it. I have a hunch that many Republican members of Congress and their corporate allies may balk at required sick leave pay, even if Trump agreed to it.

our country is run by a bunch of assholes

Back