• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

we use bluejeans as a company but #clients are all over the place with teams, zoom, and webex so i get a mix of all of them. i do like bluejeans' event setup far better than the others. zoom feels the most user friendly of the rest while teams seems the most robust- honestly have used it the least of any of them. webex just sucks.

Webex seems like Mapquest. Used to be the only game in town but surpassed by superior options.

some companies must have already sunk a lot into WebEx because there is no reason to continue using it

Teams is great until you need more than 5 people interacting in a meeting. Microsoft said they're working on expanding this for over a year and then said in early April they would roll out 3 x 3 video by end of month, but still haven't as far as I know. Our company moved to Zoom for meetings. We use LifeSize in our offices, but it's not as useful when everyone is WFH.

Kind of a weird stat, given the state of the economy: the NASDAQ composite (currently 8,809) is within 1% of its price on the first day of trading in 2020 (8,946).

Teams is great until you need more than 5 people interacting in a meeting. Microsoft said they're working on expanding this for over a year and then said in early April they would roll out 3 x 3 video by end of month, but still haven't as far as I know. Our company moved to Zoom for meetings. We use LifeSize in our offices, but it's not as useful when everyone is WFH.

We planned on rolling out teams the day things literally shut down. We are a large government agency (about 1600 employees) and it has worked well. Audio and video are great. It integrates with Office365 well. Sharing documents, work channels, chat, etc... work seamless.

I think Microsoft shops will use Teams, smaller agencies not so much.

I only know the pricing model for Zoom, but it's great for a small company like ours that only needs a handful of paid lisences

I think it has real staying power

My wife uses Zoom to teach on and take grad school classes and she's constantly having video trouble even when sitting close to our router. My Teams calls have always been fine, even when I'm in my office way far away from the router. Is this common with Zoom or is it our internet?

some companies must have already sunk a lot into WebEx because there is no reason to continue using it

Webex works well for us - the mobile app is pretty great and the flexibility to do everything from spur of the moment one-on-one meetings to scheduled team calls to thousand person events is key.

That being said, I have no idea how much we are paying for it.

Webex works well for us - the mobile app is pretty great and the flexibility to do everything from spur of the moment one-on-one meetings to scheduled team calls to thousand person events is key.

That being said, I have no idea how much we are paying for it.

That's us with GotoMeeting and we are dropping it for a mishmash of Teams/Zoom starting this summer due to pricing issues.

Officially we have something called Ringcentral, which the IT department must have purchased at a gas station parking lot. Any given week I may use it, gotomeeting, and Skype. We have used Zoom for non-work virtual happy hours. Zoom has been my favorite...but I am always drinking when using it, so who knows.

Last edited:
Officially we have something called Ringcentral, which the IT department must have purchased at a gas station parking lot. Any given week I may use it, gotomeeting, and Skype. We have used Zoom for non-work virtual happy hours. Zoom has been my favorite...but I am always drinking when using it, so who knows.

Are you guys phasing Skype out? We are done with it at the end of this month since MS isn't supporting Skype for Business anymore in lieu of using Teams. I always hated Skype because it allowed people to track when I was actually active, so I disabled it.

Probably just need to get rid of Capital Gains taxes to get the market back up. That's what real america needs

Are you guys phasing Skype out? We are done with it at the end of this month since MS isn't supporting Skype for Business anymore in lieu of using Teams. I always hated Skype because it allowed people to track when I was actually active, so I disabled it.

We are by fall or end of the year

This lawsuit indemnification stuff is crazy. Liability is one thing that will keep businesses honest for its workers and its customers. And capital gains obvi has nothing to do with the bailing out hard-hit states.

Skype was basically the main game in town not that long ago and it basically disappeared. Was it absorbed into Teams at all?

Back