• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

Yeah. It really is.

Can someone explain to me why this is a reasonable step for lawmakers to take? Seems beyond absurd at face value.

For people that claim they don't believe in evolution, they certainly believe in survival of the fittest (or richest, to be more accurate.)

It’s such a common sense proposition to help people directly by giving them cash or loans rather than route it through banks and other lenders especially predatory lenders.

Damn if I’m not tempted to sell a bunch on this little vaccine press release rally.

Hard to not suspect we’re facing a rather prolonged struggle still before some eventual recovery.

Must. Resist.

???

I'm no expert but I would argue yesterday's rally was more related to Powell's interview on 60 minutes stating the Fed will do whatever it takes to support the economy.

Certainly the somewhat surprising strength of the market is based on the belief that our government will prioritize economic considerations. But the effectiveness to do so may be overestimated.

And, I suspect, the belief that the pandemic turnaround (treatment, vaccine) will be quicker and easier than I speculate will be the case.

With so much uncertainty, I’m tempted to not get out but to sell some. I’ve never tried to time the market except to put more in after a crash. Now for the first time, I’m considering timing some selling.

Weird time we’re in, seems to me.

Damn if I’m not tempted to sell a bunch on this little vaccine press release rally.

Hard to not suspect we’re facing a rather prolonged struggle still before some eventual recovery.

Must. Resist.

???

The stock market is completely bonkers. It surges on the slightest glimmer of hope. (See the response to the remdesivir results - no change in fatality, only moderately shortened hospital stay.) Powell himself has testified that the market is overvalued and remains risky.

Back