• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

Implementation of this program was a bigger massive clusterfuck.

It was intentionally a clusterfuck. Just like voting in Georgia yesterday was intentionally a clusterfuck. Because clusterfucks benefit people.

There are no accidents or mistakes at this level. People have got to wake the fuck up.

Didn't you just say say you liked the clusterfucks?

Sure, when its a wide scale societal pushback to unjust laws and practices which forces people of privilege to pay attention.

Intentionally designed clusterfucks which are developed in order defraud taxpayers and suppress minority voters are NOT my jam.

The threshold was only 60%. Geez. Even if the loans weren't forgiven, that's a cluster.

But the poor folk on food stamps, we've got to make sure they don't waste government money on potato chips.

The problem with trying to game this system is we're already basically 60 days into it. By changing the rules 60 days into it to be more forgiving, fewer people are going to be able to take advantage of it, because we've already done and kept people on the payrolls longer than we should have.

I'm trying to figure who this all benefits, and it would basically be a business that fired everyone but still wants the loan to pay its rent. The change itself doesn't really mean the money goes into the business owner's pocket. The changes seem mainly designed to benefit landlords. But I would imagine the changes itself affect very little of taxpayer money. The bigger theft was in the initial setup. Paying people's wages who weren't going to be fired anyways was a straight transfer of taxpayer money to those business owners who could still operate and pay people on their own.

Last edited:
The problem with trying to game this system is we're already basically 60 days into it. By changing the rules 60 days into it to be more forgiving, fewer people are going to be able to take advantage of it, because we've already done and kept people on the payrolls longer than we should have.

I'm trying to figure who this all benefits, and it would basically be a business that fired everyone but still wants the loan to pay its rent. The change itself doesn't really mean the money goes into the business owner's pocket. The changes seem mainly designed to benefit landlords. But I would imagine the changes itself affect very little of taxpayer money. The bigger theft was in the initial setup. Paying people's wages who weren't going to be fired anyways was a straight transfer of taxpayer money to those business owners who could still operate and pay people on their own.

Oh yeah dude it was designed to work this way. Our bi-partisan leadership and their donors/investors never had any intention of paying this "loan" back.

The U.S. government has become a fucking piggy back for any shithead CEO who didn't meet projections in the last quarter. The American taxpayer is going to walk away with a bag of shit in his hand with this is all over and in exchange we will have been given out upwards of $3,000,000,000,000. No long terms jobs will have been saved, it will all be distributed to the top.

The theft of a generation

It was intentionally a clusterfuck. Just like voting in Georgia yesterday was intentionally a clusterfuck. Because clusterfucks benefit people.

There are no accidents or mistakes at this level. People have got to wake the fuck up.

I disagree, clusterfucks happen all the time. The illusion of a smoothly running system is just that. We are held together by duct tape and powerful people walk backwards into clusterfucks all the time.

No one is playing four D chess. This shit is hanging in by a thread.

You don't need a smooth running system to intentionally create a clusterfuck.

Oh yeah dude it was designed to work this way. Our bi-partisan leadership and their donors/investors never had any intention of paying this "loan" back.

The U.S. government has become a fucking piggy back for any shithead CEO who didn't meet projections in the last quarter. The American taxpayer is going to walk away with a bag of shit in his hand with this is all over and in exchange we will have been given out upwards of $3,000,000,000,000. No long terms jobs will have been saved, it will all be distributed to the top.

The theft of a generation

I agree with ya the taxpayer will end with a bag of shit. And I was fairly pissed when I realized that my bosses were going to benefit from this to the tune of $300-500k. Then again, the past 2 years they're paying about 10x that back in taxes. The flip side is to say it's hard to argue they aren't paying their fair share.

If we believe in capitalism, the much better approach would have been to much more heavily fund unemployment insurance and let the free market let people go as they would. Paying everyone to then pay the employees is always goofy. That way you avoid the transfer of wealth by reimbursing business owners for salaries they would have paid anyways.

But just so everyone understands this program. There was a 0% chance I was going to be let go . They need me to fire everyone else as the HR director and to be able to explain and administer this program for them. Yet the government reimbursed the owners of my company my wages for 2 months.

Last edited:

Back