• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

Hopefully we get a late day rally. Liberals will be mad.

This is a moronic statement. Only a fool would think "liberals" would be angry about millions of Americans being spared massive losses. This is imbecilic and brainwashed.

BTW, the biggest reason, the market wouldn't be down anywhere this amount under Hillary is that she wouldn't be lying every time she opened her mouth like Trump has.

Last edited:
I don't think anything would have been different with Hillary TBH. The media might not have been forcing mass hysteria, outside of Fox News. That's about it though.

Bullshit. Hillary Clinton would not have eliminated funding for the CDC pandemic response team.

So Trump announced this European travel ban and it slipped his mind to discuss this with the EU government first.

I think it’s unlikely Clinton outright lies and says we are testing all Americans returning to the country (refuted minutes later by members of Donald’s administration), “misspeaks” at a national address about the travel ban and includes goods, and claims that the illness is a “hoax” perpetrated by the “liberal media” just 12 days before the virus shuts down most major industries in our country.

But hey maybe she does all that too!

It was a joke from one of my favorite TV shows, Denise. Lighten up.

And as I've stated many times before... I did not vote for Trump in 2016 and will not vote for him in 2020.

But only in the Tunnels lefty echo chamber does this = a Trump supporter or Trumpshill.

LOL. Sure you didn't vote for Trump, Angus. Sure you won't support him this year. You dislike Trump so much that you attack and mock almost anyone who criticizes him. Somehow I don't believe you. But you do you, Angus. Drive-by trolling is your specialty.

I'm confused. Why does the Fed buying treasuries help ease the market so much. If they were buying United Airlines stock I'd get it. Doesn't everyone else want treasuries too? So how does them purchasing them help?

This from a Senior Editor at 'The American Conservative,' Rod Dreher: "Watching him, I realized the cost of a president having pissed away his authority these past three years, with his daily juvenile tweets and schoolyard rhetoric. The country needs a president now who can inspire, galvanize, and lead. Tonight I saw a president who looked tired, afraid, and completely unconvincing. He ended by calling for an end to partisanship, and the nation coming together to fight this threat. That’s what any president should do in his position, in a moment of great national crisis. It is difficult to imagine a president with less credibility to make that ask."

I'm confused. Why does the Fed buying treasuries help ease the market so much. If they were buying United Airlines stock I'd get it. Doesn't everyone else want treasuries too? So how does them purchasing them help?

Increases the money supply for banks to loan money out. Helps prevent liquidity crisis.

The best thing Trump can do for the market at this point is exactly what he’s not doing: introducing a well thought out, coordinated national plan for ramping up testing, introducing containment policies and having well-defined contingency plans. The Fed has made two drastic moves in the last week which resulted in a grand total of like 30 minutes of reprieve in trading losses because investors don’t believe Trump has a real plan. And obviously they are probably right.

This from a Senior Editor at 'The American Conservative,' Rod Dreher: "Watching him, I realized the cost of a president having pissed away his authority these past three years, with his daily juvenile tweets and schoolyard rhetoric. The country needs a president now who can inspire, galvanize, and lead. Tonight I saw a president who looked tired, afraid, and completely unconvincing. He ended by calling for an end to partisanship, and the nation coming together to fight this threat. That’s what any president should do in his position, in a moment of great national crisis. It is difficult to imagine a president with less credibility to make that ask."

A crisis of leadership that anyone with a brain foresaw the moment it became clear it was an realistic possibility for him to become potus. And that has been evolving daily since his inauguration. And for which Republicans are responsible.

Back