• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has He Been Fired Yet?

Hes not going anywhere. Perhaps Wake really cannot afford to pay the remaining buyout and hire another coach. The scariest part is, we may be stuck with Manning for many more years whether we want it or not

Who places such a buyout in the contract of DFL??

Oh, I know. Let's name a street after him?! :dumb:

Hes not going anywhere. Perhaps Wake really cannot afford to pay the remaining buyout and hire another coach. The scariest part is, we may be stuck with Manning for many more years whether we want it or not

I still say I’d rather just fire him and hire someone completely unknown for pennies if this is the case.

6 seasons later and 50 games UNDER .500 in the ACC!

Instead of an extension and crippling buyout clause, he should have been fired years ago.

6 seasons later and 50 games UNDER .500 in the ACC!

Instead of an extension and crippling buyout clause, he should have been fired years ago.

No joke, at the time he got the extension I said he should’ve been fired. It was probably the most talent he’d ever have, and he couldn’t even make the field of 64. How Wellman thought that actually deserved an extension is beyond me.

I still say I’d rather just fire him and hire someone completely unknown for pennies if this is the case.

and if nobody mcgee turns out to be a home run you look like a genius

if nobody mcgee is another failure you can point to being hamstrung by an inherited contract

Just fire him and announce that we won’t be making a decision on his replacement until we are certain there will be a season next year. And, if the NCAA waits until November 1 to make that decision just have Wrangor serve as the interim for a season, or even, nobody as interim and go with a player/ coach model. It would be so much better to go 0-30 with no coach at the helm than 7-23 with manning there.

and if nobody mcgee turns out to be a home run you look like a genius

if nobody mcgee is another failure you can point to being hamstrung by an inherited contract

Correct. I really don't see the downside. When people talk about not being able to afford Manning's "buyout," it's not that we'd be paying him any more than we'd pay him to coach. It's that we can't afford to pay him and also pay Beilein/Matta/Forbes/Miller. But I'd literally rather have whomever the current coach of RJ Reynolds or Forsyth Country Day School is than Danny Manning.

Correct. I really don't see the downside. When people talk about not being able to afford Manning's "buyout," it's not that we'd be paying him any more than we'd pay him to coach. It's that we can't afford to pay him and also pay Beilein/Matta/Forbes/Miller. But I'd literally rather have whomever the current coach of RJ Reynolds or Forsyth Country Day School is than Danny Manning.

As has been noted many previous times, there may be an accelerated payment schedule if he is fired. A schedule Wake cannot afford in the current budget.

Example:

50% of remaining contract value due 30 days after not for cause termination.

A rock would do better and much cheaper.

I don't know about cheaper, but he wouldn't put up with any shit.

giphy.gif

If we can't afford to fire him, then make his life a living hell. Do whatever the minimum required by his contract, nothing more. Put his office in the basement, don't let him foul the new facilities. Try recruiting from a bus--no private jets. No expensive places to eat. Give him a $25 day food allowance. I just can't believe his contract is so specific that there is nothing Currie can do.

If we can't afford to fire him, then make his life a living hell. Do whatever the minimum required by his contract, nothing more. Put his office in the basement, don't let him foul the new facilities. Try recruiting from a bus--no private jets. No expensive places to eat. Give him a $25 day food allowance. I just can't believe his contract is so specific that there is nothing Currie can do.

Make him mop floors and clean the bathrooms . . . maybe be a soda jerk at a concession stand.

As has been noted many previous times, there may be an accelerated payment schedule if he is fired. A schedule Wake cannot afford in the current budget.

Example:

50% of remaining contract value due 30 days after not for cause termination.

You really enjoy just making shit up and posting it don't you? What if...? WHAT IF???? WHAT IF?????

Enforce the no nepotism rule and make him fire his own son. Wasn’t that used on Prosser when he possibly wanted his son on the bench? Or am I dreaming that...?

No joke, at the time he got the extension I said he should’ve been fired. It was probably the most talent he’d ever have, and he couldn’t even make the field of 64. How Wellman thought that actually deserved an extension is beyond me.

Exactly. He actually vastly underperformed with that team - they were way better than “blown out in the first four” after losing (again) their first game of ACCT

Back