• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has He Been Fired Yet?

Randolph needs to get the fuck out of here for his own good if he wants a career in Coaching. Go be an assistant at Vandy or Mizzou or somewhere and then after 2-3 years become the HC of a small low major school. If that’s not his goal he should take a job in the AD as assistant to the regional director of some shit or another.

RC is no spring chicken. With his son now out of school he may be content to stay close to home. If he's saved well he's probably set for retirement already.

He chose this. He had a cushy job in the Deacon Club or in the AD before joining [name redacted]'s staff.

I understand that, but he has had 2 terrible bosses. I bet if Manning is fired, Childress will at a min. Get interviewed. I do not want it to be a condition of employment for our next coach. But he is a WFU legend, and I would assume knowledgeable.

But he is a WFU legend, and I would assume knowledgeable.

Manning is a college basketball legend and quite knowledgeable as well. Tell me about all of the great work Childress has done with our guards to show he deserves an interview.

Western Michigan just fired their basketball coach two days after they lost in the MAC Tournament and before the MAC Tournament has ended.

I am not pining for him to get a position. But I would not be surprised if he at least gets an interview. My thought pattern is it is hard to determine an assistance coaches value, no mater what the circumstances. Manning could very well be a micro manager and gives his employees no latitude to grow , teach, develop.

I am not pining for him to get a position. But I would not be surprised if he at least gets an interview. My thought pattern is it is hard to determine an assistance coaches value, no mater what the circumstances. Manning could very well be a micro manager and gives his employees no latitude to grow , teach, develop.

I don’t think you’re too far off with this take.

it would be really bad form to fire him during an epidemic.

If he needs to grow and develop, he needs to leave. You can't expect a head coach to come into Wake with a rebuilding job and need to train up and develop his Associate HC. And there wouldn't seem to be a scenario where Chill would take a demotion down to the end of the bench.

Currie needs to act decisively. To pussy foot around and not fire him or take forever shows that he lacks leadership skills. He needs to show everyone there is a new sheriff in town and he is not Ron II

Currie needs to act decisively. To pussy foot around and not fire him or take forever shows that he lacks leadership skills. He needs to show everyone there is a new sheriff in town and he is not Ron II

Just as long as he doesn't pull a Tennessee football coach search...

770111.gif

Come on, let's make today the day!

Back