Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Work from Home Life Pro Tips

I generally have been a "leave work at work" person, so I have no office whatsoever-my office hours are in a moon chair with my laptop on a computer. Looking into buying a desk-any tips?

amazon.com

Kids as HR nightmares is a good bit.

One of my co-workers just said "I need to get my butt fixed. It has a crack in it."

I'm not responsible for cleaning up a coworker's shit...literally

Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    I generally have been a "leave work at work" person, so I have no office whatsoever-my office hours are in a moon chair with my laptop on a computer. Looking into buying a desk-any tips?
    Which desk you get is not important. Make sure you get an adjustable stand up work station to sit on top of it. VariDesk makes a good one that will accommodate two monitors. I love mine.

I had to provide IT support for a coworker who is now getting his homework assignments online.

Three words: noise cancelling headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I had to provide IT support for a coworker who is now getting his homework assignments online.
    I can commiserate.

My coworker needs lots of hand-holding, too. I'm not big on micromanagement, but we all have to be flexible, right?

My kid has made cameos in the background of pretty much every VTC I have been on. He ha held up drawings he made and coloring books a couple of times and gotten a couple of laughs.

Also weird seeing everyone's tacky curtains and bad decorations

Should I put on a shirt for a VTC? I've got nice pecs, but I haven't manscaped the old chest in a while.

my coworkers have apparently refused to do any work for the last 2 weeks, and since tomorrow is the end of Q3, they're all now scrambling to do 2 weeks of work in 1 day and everyone is asking me for help as if I don't have enough to do.

report their asses to hr

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Should I put on a shirt for a VTC? I've got nice pecs, but I haven't manscaped the old chest in a while.
    yes but pants are optional
    I heart Hartman

gave myself a good excuse to buy a new printer. only $200 but since it is work required i guess it's tax deductible next year. Now that i think about it just think how much people are going to writing off next year.
    I heart Hartman

I am likely to shower tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I am likely to shower tomorrow.
    It was legit after 11 today before either my wife or I brushed our teeth. Quarantine has made us gross.

I washed some clothes today and realized that it could be a loooooong time before I wear a long sleeve shirt again. Perhaps the same for long pants.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeacsGo View Post
    gave myself a good excuse to buy a new printer. only $200 but since it is work required i guess it's tax deductible next year. Now that i think about it just think how much people are going to writing off next year.
    Took 30 minutes to realize I needed to get my chair from work today for the home office.

Took 60 minutes to buy a new printer.
    Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    I washed some clothes today and realized that it could be a loooooong time before I wear a long sleeve shirt again. Perhaps the same for long pants.
    Yeah Iíve worn nothing but Under Armour shorts all week