Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 119

Thread: Work from Home Life Pro Tips

  1. #81
    getting my home office set up

    what seating do people like or not like?

  2. #82
    Man, the people in the downstairs of my house get all bent of shape when I go down there from my upstairs office to take a dump.

  3. #83
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,570
    My wife and I have both turned our patio into kind of a home office. It's about that time of the year where the heat is unbearable. Any good recs on an outdoor fan? Right now, we put an indoor Vornado outside and it's decent enough, but I'd like to just keep it out here.

  4. #84
    Sounds like it's time to make your way back up to your NC mountain house.

  5. #85
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,570
    I don't have a NC mountain house. I would very much like one though.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    My wife and I have both turned our patio into kind of a home office. It's about that time of the year where the heat is unbearable. Any good recs on an outdoor fan? Right now, we put an indoor Vornado outside and it's decent enough, but I'd like to just keep it out here.
    https://www.bigassfans.com/

  7. #87
    I have converted our sun room into my hoom office.

  8. #88
    make a real office with a real office chair. Working at your kitchen or dining room table or even worse your couch will destroy your body

  9. #89
    anybody use an alternative to the regular mouse they really like?

    wrist has been bothering me for a few weeks

    boss uses a vertical mouse, which I had not heard of -- any others?

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    getting my home office set up

    what seating do people like or not like?
    Late to the party, obviously, but I bought a used Herman Miller Aeron for $225 or something like that from a local used office furniture store.

  11. #91
    cookout = blabbermouth?
    wfudkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    truxton circle
    Posts
    16,781
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    anybody use an alternative to the regular mouse they really like?

    wrist has been bothering me for a few weeks

    boss uses a vertical mouse, which I had not heard of -- any others?
    My wife started using a vertical mouse a couple of years ago because of her wrist and she absolutely swears by it. Hers is made by Anker, but they all look relatively similar.

  12. #92
    How old do you have to be to get injuries from mouse use?

  13. #93
    I upgraded my setup last weekend to a corner desk with about 55" in each direction and it's been life changing.

  14. #94
    I have been using two monitors + laptop for the third. Typically got teams on one, email on the other. then work shit or bullshit on the primary.

    I have been thinking about switching to a large curve screen monitor dock the laptop, and scoop a bluetooth keyboard.

    Anybody had luck with this setup?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    How old do you have to be to get injuries from mouse use?
    40-something.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    I have been using two monitors + laptop for the third. Typically got teams on one, email on the other. then work shit or bullshit on the primary.

    I have been thinking about switching to a large curve screen monitor dock the laptop, and scoop a bluetooth keyboard.

    Anybody had luck with this setup?
    I dislike bluetooth keyboards because I feel like I should be able to put it in my lap to use, but typing in my lap is basically impossible. So, it's just a battery operated piece of shit instead of a wired piece of shit.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by bth9673 View Post
    I upgraded my setup last weekend to a corner desk with about 55" in each direction and it's been life changing.
    Iím getting a new corner desk as well - canít wait til it comes in next week.

    And I just got a second monitor last week; itís been life changing. Although it makes it harder to do other stuff when Iím on Zoom calls.

  18. #98
    Smoove do you mean it is now harder not to do other things when on zoom calls? I've found it incredibly helpful to have two screens on zooms to look at docs and other things.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    anybody use an alternative to the regular mouse they really like?

    wrist has been bothering me for a few weeks

    boss uses a vertical mouse, which I had not heard of -- any others?
    I had a co-worker that had a vertical mouse and loved it. She also had a keyboard that could be cranked up to two 45 degree angles like a drawbridge, and she wore wrist braces.

    When I reported some discomfort to our company's ergo team, they sent out someone for an assessment. She recommended a wrist pad and to place my mouse as close to the keyboard as possible. That meant changing from a keyboard with a number pad on the right side to a smaller one without the number pad. So make sure you are not reaching to use your mouse - it should sit naturally close to your keyboard.

    I, too, have a Herman Miller Aeron chair because I have a bad back. I got it for $300 from a GSO office supply store that went out of business, but they were selling chairs out of their garage. I found them on CL.

  20. #100
    Took me a while, but Ive realized a morning nap while working from home is way more refreshing than an afternoon one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •