• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Work from Home Life Pro Tips

Man, the people in the downstairs of my house get all bent of shape when I go down there from my upstairs office to take a dump.

My wife and I have both turned our patio into kind of a home office. It's about that time of the year where the heat is unbearable. Any good recs on an outdoor fan? Right now, we put an indoor Vornado outside and it's decent enough, but I'd like to just keep it out here.

Sounds like it's time to make your way back up to your NC mountain house.

I don't have a NC mountain house. I would very much like one though.

I have converted our sun room into my hoom office.

make a real office with a real office chair. Working at your kitchen or dining room table or even worse your couch will destroy your body

anybody use an alternative to the regular mouse they really like?

wrist has been bothering me for a few weeks

boss uses a vertical mouse, which I had not heard of -- any others?

My wife started using a vertical mouse a couple of years ago because of her wrist and she absolutely swears by it. Hers is made by Anker, but they all look relatively similar.

I upgraded my setup last weekend to a corner desk with about 55" in each direction and it's been life changing.

I have been using two monitors + laptop for the third. Typically got teams on one, email on the other. then work shit or bullshit on the primary.

I have been thinking about switching to a large curve screen monitor dock the laptop, and scoop a bluetooth keyboard.

Anybody had luck with this setup?

I have been using two monitors + laptop for the third. Typically got teams on one, email on the other. then work shit or bullshit on the primary.

I have been thinking about switching to a large curve screen monitor dock the laptop, and scoop a bluetooth keyboard.

Anybody had luck with this setup?

I dislike bluetooth keyboards because I feel like I should be able to put it in my lap to use, but typing in my lap is basically impossible. So, it's just a battery operated piece of shit instead of a wired piece of shit.

I upgraded my setup last weekend to a corner desk with about 55" in each direction and it's been life changing.

I’m getting a new corner desk as well - can’t wait til it comes in next week.

And I just got a second monitor last week; it’s been life changing. Although it makes it harder to do other stuff when I’m on Zoom calls.

Smoove do you mean it is now harder not to do other things when on zoom calls? I've found it incredibly helpful to have two screens on zooms to look at docs and other things.

I had a co-worker that had a vertical mouse and loved it. She also had a keyboard that could be cranked up to two 45 degree angles like a drawbridge, and she wore wrist braces.

When I reported some discomfort to our company's ergo team, they sent out someone for an assessment. She recommended a wrist pad and to place my mouse as close to the keyboard as possible. That meant changing from a keyboard with a number pad on the right side to a smaller one without the number pad. So make sure you are not reaching to use your mouse - it should sit naturally close to your keyboard.

I, too, have a Herman Miller Aeron chair because I have a bad back. I got it for $300 from a GSO office supply store that went out of business, but they were selling chairs out of their garage. I found them on CL.

Took me a while, but Ive realized a morning nap while working from home is way more refreshing than an afternoon one.

Back