• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score

2019 stats:

Played a total of 59 minutes this season: 1.9 ppg .9 rpg

HS class of 2018 offered by ECU, Ole Miss, Charlotte and Coastal.

Not an ACC level player.

We all expected this literally the second Wynn committed. Rondale Watson 2.0. Looking forward to having a coach who only recruits ACC-level players, so kids like this don't waste years of their lives at a place they shouldn't have been from the jump.

We all expected this literally the second Wynn committed. Rondale Watson 2.0. Looking forward to having a coach who only recruits ACC-level players, so kids like this don't waste years of their lives at a place they shouldn't have been from the jump.

And we don’t waste a valuable scholarship.

Wasn't he the dude that went to the on-line sports school that doesn't even have a physical location here in Charlotte?

I always thought of this scene whenever I heard the name Ronadle Watson.

I got a special treat for you this evening, a young man that you all know as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Going Down" episode of That's My Mama. I want you to put your hands together and welcome him to the stage. Big round of applause for Jackson Heights' own Mr RONDALE WATSON! Yes! RONDALE WATSON.

If Wright transferred as well, if Torry Johnson isn't given a 7th year and if everyone else returned (which seems like a big IF): the roster would like this:

PGs: Neath, Watson, Adams
Swing players: Chaundee, Mucius, Massoud, Bailey
Bigs: Saar, Ody, Ingraham, Gibson, Okeke

And there would be room for one grad transfer. Not a national contender, but that could be a competitive little roster.

Yeah if Sarr comes back. Although with the coronavirus issue maybe playing professionally in Europe doesn't have the same draw as it might otherwise have.

I think you have to expect Torry Johnson to come back for another year until proven otherwise.

Also, now Mike Wynn can go “shoot the piss out of the ball” at a level more commensurate with his abilities.

If Wright transferred as well, if Torry Johnson isn't given a 7th year and if everyone else returned (which seems like a big IF): the roster would like this:

PGs: Neath, Watson, Adams
Swing players: Chaundee, Mucius, Massoud, Bailey
Bigs: Saar, Ody, Ingraham, Gibson, Okeke

And there would be room for one grad transfer. Not a national contender, but that could be a competitive little roster.

We could definitely use another wing who can shoot.

I'm not sure how good Ingraham is, but he is a big guy.

Thanks, Connor. That article contained some details I didn’t know.

"Wynn becomes the third player from a five-man class that Coach Danny Manning called “a good foundation as we move forward” to leave the program. Guard Jamie Lewis left the program in December of the class’ first season, and Jaylen Hoard turned professional."

Conor you're amazing. Don't ever stop writing paragraphs like that. Subtly (or not) shit talk Manning in your articles till the magical day he is gone.

Hopefully, in the near future you'll have some "happy" stories to share!

Go Deacs!

#Culture. Had to spend 2 years at an online diploma factory just to get his diploma and then STILL didn't get qualifying scores until way way late in the summer. And then he gets to campus and gets kicked off the team. #ThanksWellman

I still remember some of the mental gymnastics certain posters went through trying to justify his recruitment back in the day.

Last edited:
Back