• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

You mean "guard your damn man" isn't sufficient as your only defensive principle?

Footwork and communication(Coachable) and vision(personal focus) can enhance your success as a defender. You can even inspire Offensively focused players reminding them that the more the other guy misses, the more chances they have to make some themselves.
But yes, grow a pair and have some pride.

You forgot the second principle. Hanging our hats (on defense).

I think you identified the problem. Never saw the guys wearing hats in games. So they couldn't do that.

Another thing I hope Forbes and staff emphasize is taking care of the basketball. Fewer turnovers equals more shots to take.

I think you identified the problem. Never saw the guys wearing hats in games. So they couldn't do that.

Another thing I hope Forbes and staff emphasize is taking care of the basketball. Fewer turnovers equals more shots to take.

It's a good thought, but ETSU was 128th in turnover rate on KenPom. And that was the best rank of his 5 seasons there. So ... he doesn't seem to be one of the "valuable-the-basketball-at-all-costs coaches," at least according to the metrics.

Yikes that Okeke injury is brutal for depth. Hate it — seems like a good dude and hard worker. Good stuff on the rest of the guys.

Yikes that Okeke injury is brutal for depth. Hate it — seems like a good dude and hard worker. Good stuff on the rest of the guys.

In my limited interactions with Sunday, I've always come away impressed with how well-spoken and mature he is. It's not like he was always put in the best spot by the previous staff, I'd say.

And you're right -- I think he would've been useful this season.

I definitely like Okeke's potential as a 5 foul hustle guy in the post. Really need to have a few of those guys.

Former Danny Manning big man commit Trey James just committed to Rick Pitino at Iona

Unspoken from the article...

These kids were wanting to learn and work.

F U Ronnie. You failed 10 years worth of kids lives. F U Danny. You failed 6 years of kids lives. F U [Redacted]. You failed 4 years of kids lives.

Back