• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

I didn’t remember (know?) that Ody had 16/10 in 23 min vs BC this year.

He played over 20 min in 7 games all against quality or ACC competition. He averaged 6.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, and 1.1 bpg.

Okpomo has spent his final two years of high school at Huntington Prep and Oak Hill. Both programs face better than average competition. As the back up center at Oak Hill, Okpomo averaged 6.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg and 5.4 bpg. Doubt he played 20mpg. His rebounding numbers were excellent. Blocked shots are off the chart.

Well, the stat geeks love to use per minute projections. Even if he played 20 of the 32 minutes as a back-up, if he plays 30mpg at Wake, he'll average 8.1 bpg. That would be an NCAA record. What a steal!

Well, the stat geeks love to use per minute projections. Even if he played 20 of the 32 minutes as a back-up, if he plays 30mpg at Wake, he'll average 8.1 bpg. That would be an NCAA record. What a steal!

Pretty sure the stat geeks don't think high school and college basketball are the same.

Which is what I said. Wilt and Russell would have had tons of triple doubles in the NBA if they had kept blocks.

I wonder what happened in OR. They didn't have much size. It seemed like a good fit for him.

Hampton had players average 25, 22, 10 and 9 points a game. Then a bunch of people in the 2-4 range. Very weird distribution. We already have one transfer who put up gaudy numbers on a bad team (DuBose), but he's a graduate transfer who won't clog up a spot. I'd be surprised if we pursue him, but I don't know much.

Looks like a nice player; but he wouldn't help much unless he can hit 3s and mid-range jumpers.

Interesting stats. He looks like an "undersized" efficient post scorer. He shot 33% from deep but only attempted 1.3 a game. He shot 59.7% inside the arc with 13.8 attempts. I say "undersized" because people would fret about a 6-6 PF but at 225, he'd be the 3rd biggest guy on the roster and the only guy we know can score down low and do it in multiple ways.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/benjamin-stanley-1.html

I don't think you can compare him to Dubose who shot more than half his shots from deep and only shot 32.8%. And Dubose was 49.8% inside the arc.

I'd gladly take a 1st team All-Big South player who could start at PF from Day 1 and average double-figures for a team that desperately needs post scoring. He would fix a lot of problems with the rotation. Massoud could come off the bench at PF beside the true post players at C or with Stanley in a more positionless lineup.

Target of ten 3's made per game. Like it better than paint touches and free throws.

Sounds like an emphasis on defense was conveyed to the team in a manner they understood.

Target of ten 3's made per game. Like it better than paint touches and free throws.

Sounds like an emphasis on defense was conveyed to the team in a manner they understood.

You mean "guard your damn man" isn't sufficient as your only defensive principle?

Back