• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Agree. Sarr is #1; so, it's not like there is some anti-WF bias. BTW, got to disagree with one point, Sarr would have started for a lot of "decent NCAA teams", he's was the second best center in the ACC behind Vernon Carey, and Sarr's probably going to start for a top 10 team next year. I'm guessing that Brian Snow spent more time breaking down Drake, Rice and Rhode Island games than anyone claiming his rankings are worthless.

Chaundee seemed to have interest from a lot of good programs. I am not sure how he compared to others on the list. I spent no time breaking down games.

Agree. Sarr is #1; so, it's not like there is some anti-WF bias. BTW, got to disagree with one point, Sarr would have started for a lot of "decent NCAA teams", he's was the second best center in the ACC behind Vernon Carey, and Sarr's probably going to start for a top 10 team next year. I'm guessing that Brian Snow spent more time breaking down Drake, Rice and Rhode Island games than anyone claiming his rankings are worthless.

Although Danny didn’t start him about half the season on this bad team.

I'm gonna have to disagree w/ Strickland33 & Pilchard on this one... Brown had solid interest from a number of teams and was only a disappointment as a JR due to injury (IMO, at least).

I'm not saying he should have been a top 5 guy on that list, but he's behind a lot of guys that aren't nearly as talented.

He rebounds, plays with effort, and looks great in a basketball uniform (yeah, I said it). He's also a career 83% shooter from the FT line... I have to think he'd be a more efficient offensive player with a team that runs an actual offense.

26 & 6 in a win over Xavier this year (on 11/16 shooting)
24 & 9 in the win over Duke (8/12 shooting)

Yeah, he disappeared a lot... But I'm not sure that was due to a lack of effort or talent. More likely injury and an inept coach.

I expect him to be a beast at Michigan, whether it is this year or next year.

Just want to point out that something like 700+ hoops players entered the transfer portal. So, being #26 puts Chaundee in the top 5%. So, it's not like he was unrated. Everyone in the top 30 has a legit resume.

Just want to point out that something like 700+ hoops players entered the transfer portal. So, being #26 puts Chaundee in the top 5%. So, it's not like he was unrated. Everyone in the top 30 has a legit resume.

That's fair.

It's just funny for me to see Nojel Eastern at #20 when you look at his stats from Purdue... They aren't good. I'm not sure Brown is a step down from LJ Figueroa (#6).

I also realize these lists are dumb and I rarely look at them for that very reason... But there isn't much else to discuss right now as we wait for transfers to commit.

Pretty fun to be complaining about the ranking of players fleeing our program.

Yeah, I’ll just stop. It’s a pointless discussion.

On some level, however, I wish Sarr and Brown had come back so that we could have seen how much more Forbes would have gotten out of that roster than Manning did.

But it doesn’t matter now... The change has been made and the rebuild is in full swing.

It's good to be on the positive end of those. I'm used to the ones that are like:

Wake Forest: "It is a school in the ACC. I have met a coach."

State U: "Coach is like a father to me. The team is like my brothers. Their fans show me love on Twitter. I like their engineering program."

Seems like a no brained for Daivien. Obviously has love for Forbes so playing in the ACC at a great academic school seems like it’s just all the better.

*brainer. So much for great academic school.

Justyn Mutts announced he was transferring from Delaware today. Grad transfer that has 2 years of eligibility. Went to High Point first.

6’7” 220 and averaged 12.2 points and 8.4 rebounds last season with a 104 offensive rating and good rebounding rates on both ends. Definitely worth a look considering the struggles we are likely to have rebounding next season.

He seems to be an old school PF. He only took nine threes last year.

If he was a one year guy, rolling the dice would be fine. Being with us for two years might hamstring 21 recruiting.

He seems to be an old school PF. He only took nine threes last year.

If he was a one year guy, rolling the dice would be fine. Being with us for two years might hamstring 21 recruiting.

Certainly part of the decision, but 4 should be the targeted amount. We’ll (hopefully) have 3 grad transfers with one year to play. Another one will open up next year inevitably. And that’s even assuming the 4th scholarship taken soon won’t be a grad transfer/left open too.

Justyn Mutts announced he was transferring from Delaware today. Grad transfer that has 2 years of eligibility. Went to High Point first.

6’7” 220 and averaged 12.2 points and 8.4 rebounds last season with a 104 offensive rating and good rebounding rates on both ends. Definitely worth a look considering the struggles we are likely to have rebounding next season.

We are getting our Houston Baptist redemption in Dubose... may as well get some state of Delaware payment out of this embarrassment during DFL's inaugural season https://dsuhornets.com/news/2014/11/28/209785676.aspx

Certainly part of the decision, but 4 should be the targeted amount. We’ll (hopefully) have 3 grad transfers with one year to play. Another one will open up next year inevitably. And that’s even assuming the 4th scholarship taken soon won’t be a grad transfer/left open too.

He got a reasonable number of steals considering he rarely left the lane.

Wow, I had forgotten Madison Jones existed. Had to fully look up the box score to even get a clue who that is in that picture.

He teased us. Every few games he looked good but then he'd regress.

Back