• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

You don’t piss people off because of the stuff you say (for the most part), but for the amount of times you do the “I’m right, and everybody else is wrong” strategy. Nobody likes a person that’s right, and won’t let you forgot it instead of just moving on. You have said the same things over and over again when they aren’t warranted. Kind of exhausting. We get it, you think it’s 18 mil.

I think you may be right about the contract. Seems like 18 million is a stretch and Currie did seem to shoot that theory down. Just weird how Goodman seems adamant that it’s 18 million, and frankly, I trust his sources a little bit more than yours. That’s why I want to believe your number, but also know that both 18 million and a number lower than that are possibilities.

You've got it EXACTLY wrong. I knew it was never anything like $18M.

As to my source, you're wrong about that as well. Three different posters confirmed what level my source was at the level I stated it was.

Additional proof of the accuracy of my data was Currie confirming it. But no amount of evidence is good enough for many here.

Maybe if lots of people didn't insult me over and over every day for over a year, insult my character and more, I wouldn't do this.

Maybe if some of them admitted they were wrong and shouldn't have gotten so fucking personal, things would change. But I won't hold my breath.

Everyone here expects me to admit when I'm wrong and I do. Why don't you hold others to the same rules that are demanded of me?

giphy.gif

The realty is RJ could show significant portion people on this board emails or texts or "Skypes" with a pier 1 source and they would say they weren't real.

Last year, he shared that Goodman's story was NOT true and ever since then has telling anyone who would listen Goodman's $18M($15M) numbers were BULLSHIT. And it came true

He laid out SPECIFIC reasons why Danny wasn't fired last year, and he gave board most PERFECT information of how Danny's firing and the hiring of Forbes would go down this year.

I understand that no matter how much of what RJ tells you comes to pass there's segment here that will dismiss it or come up with excuses. They are LOUDEST and SUREST about themselves among "universe". Even when they are wong, they have said RJ was wrong.

RJ, you have stepped beyond the “don’t be a douchebag” line. Get it a rest.

To paraphrase Apocalypse Now, "I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning."

Wait a second, I'd better watch out. When I paraphrased Ocean's Eleven towards Chickenbug, I got banned.

Tobacco, why didn't you call all the people who called me every name in the book and attacked my character for being douchebags? You didn't even call for their being accountable after they were proven dramatically wrong. But I "crossed the douchebag line" for asking for them to be accountable, for asking for even a minimal apology for their boorish, baseless and horrific attacks.

My bad, it's always open season on RJ and when you are proven wrong, it's still RJ's fault for defending himself. Got it!

RJ is wrong here and I don't what is worse:
A) That he oblivious to the fact that he's wrong, OR
B) That he knows that he's wrong but he's dug himself in so far that he figures he cannot stop now.

The buyout is, was, and forever will be the yearly contracted amount, which was accurately reported at $3 million per year. Goodman did not pull those figures out of his ass, rather he was fed info from Manning's side. Manning's side selectively fed info to the media throughout his tenure but especially at the end of in an attempt to frame the situation most positively for their side. The fact that WF has an argument to negate that amount and is planning to pay a lower amount does not change the fact that the original amount existed.

RJ, I've heard from numerous people that you are a cool guy off the boards so be that person on the boards. Your online persona is grating and tiresome. And you're not an insider with reliable information no matter how hard you try.

tobacco road, if RJ said today was Sunday, you have proven that you would say, "It's Monday in Australia. So, RJ is wrong saying today is Sunday."

No one believed those numbers when initially reported because that would have been the most ridiculous contract a school ever agreed to.

Georgia Tech gave Paul Hewitt a ridiculous contract after they made the final four where it automatically rolled over every year but, after looking it up, the buyout was only $7-8 million because salaries weren't as high 10 years ago.

I don't blame Manning for signing that contract but I have to question how much he cared about winning and losing when he had over $20 million of guaranteed money. He's obviously not cut out to be a head coach and at this point, I'm thankful he did something that gives us a reasonable way out of his contract.

RJ is wrong here and I don't what is worse:
A) That he oblivious to the fact that he's wrong, OR
B) That he knows that he's wrong but he's dug himself in so far that he figures he cannot stop now.

The buyout is, was, and forever will be the yearly contracted amount, which was accurately reported at $3 million per year. Goodman did not pull those figures out of his ass, rather he was fed info from Manning's side. Manning's side selectively fed info to the media throughout his tenure but especially at the end of in an attempt to frame the situation most positively for their side. The fact that WF has an argument to negate that amount and is planning to pay a lower amount does not change the fact that the original amount existed.

RJ, I've heard from numerous people that you are a cool guy off the boards so be that person on the boards. Your online persona is grating and tiresome. And you're not an insider with reliable information no matter how hard you try.

The reason "he isn't oblivious to the fact he's wrong" is that I was right from last April through Danny's firing to today and for the future.

He did pull the number out of his ass. Danny's salary was NOT $3M/year. That would have put him in the Top 10-12 paid coaches in America and no list of highest paid coaches had him in the Top 20. That number was either created by the person who gave it to Goodman or Goodman himself.

Even John Curie said the numbers on the internet were bogus, but that doesn't count.

I've never said I was insider. What I have consistently maintained is I got THIS info from an insider.

I've got a question for you. If I didn't get this info why did multiple posters confirm I did? This is the basic question.

King, if I didn't have documentary evidence of this, why would they put themselves in position to be ridiculed?

Hey, can we talk about the men's basketball team more and malign each other less? That'd be great.

Any note in any of this about a timeline for Williamson? Did McClung release his top 3?

Also remember that RJ has said over and over again Hatch fucked SHAKA. That info came from same Pier 1 source who has known SHAKA's agent for many, many years and knows SHAKA. Everything he has said has been true so it confirms Goodman's numbers being LIES.. We had SHAKA, but Hatch FUCKED it. The part of the deal was giving SHAKA's wife full professorship position. She is graduated from Harvard AND Northwestern. Hatch reneged on promise at last minute thinking SHAKA would take money anyway. The insult was too great. In addition to fuck up with his wife, SHAKA wasn't all that happy to have to come in and lose for 2-3 years, but would have tried. Hatch really FUCKED that one up. Hatch FUCKING Shaka was ALMOST bad as classless orca-fat internet douches like ChrisL who ATTACKED Shaka's wife for pages and pages and pages. We really do have group of posters who have proven to be Hall of Fame douches. Wake was dream job for SHAKA. It's EVERYTHING he had wanted for years. It was small, quality, education, community, that he and his family could be a part of and top bball.

Can we just have one thread that doesn't devolve into an argument about who said what when?

LJ Figueroa from St. Johns (wing player) in the portal and out of draft. Averaged 15 a game and was second team all big east. Interest will be significant from anybody with a ship, I imagine.

Serrel Smith Jr. (Maryland) also in the portal. Averaged 2 points in 8 minutes per game. Probably not worth a scholarship.

Honest question. Why does RJ think he was proven correct. All evidence seems to point to a buyout in the 15 million dollar range that was negotiated down to 7.5.

Is there some evidence that backs RJ's claim or is he just declaring victory?

Back