• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately not, but I'm sure there are some out there. Just a weird time for recruiting and I am increasingly pessimistic they fill all the scholarships, which is fine

Whoa ! Now you sound like Ben Sutton !

I bet that Coach F is one of those people who just can’t sit down.

Any speculation on Sharone possibly returning? He hasn't announced choosing any place else and the longer it goes Wake becomes a more viable option.

They seemingly beat us for every recruit.

He's going to Utah State.

So much for the theory that he would be transferring closer to his dad. He and Mac Maclung have proven that geography is a minor consideration for some kids. I guess the ESPN app eliminates the question of whether the folks back home can watch on TV even if not in person.

So much for the theory that he would be transferring closer to his dad. He and Mac Maclung have proven that geography is a minor consideration for some kids. I guess the ESPN app eliminates the question of whether the folks back home can watch on TV even if not in person.

I seem to recall seeing that his dad might be on the west coast now. So he could be moving potentially closer.

I seem to recall seeing that his dad might be on the west coast now. So he could be moving potentially closer.

The most recent (2/2020) I can find is that he was in Arizona so the transfer does make sense, at least geographically.

We really need Justyn Mutts or Justin Smith. I'm starting to worry about filling out the 2020 roster with serviceable players. Also need Jalen to go ahead and commit to maybe gain some momentum.

We really need Justyn Mutts or Justin Smith. I'm starting to worry about filling out the 2020 roster with serviceable players. Also need Jalen to go ahead and commit to maybe gain some momentum.

I haven't heard anything that would lead me to believe we are in the running for Mutts or Smith.

Agree about the concerns w/ the remaining 2020 ships... But we have another few weeks before I really worry. But does it really even matter? I'd like 2020-21 to be "fun"... But it's a tough ask to put together a team (in this summer, in particular) capable of getting to the postseason with a rotation of 4 existing players and 5+ transfers.

Last comment from Forbes was that he expected to use all of the ships... I'll believe that to be the case until I hear a change in tone.

I haven't heard anything that would lead me to believe we are in the running for Mutts or Smith.

Agree about the concerns w/ the remaining 2020 ships... But we have another few weeks before I really worry. But does it really even matter? I'd like 2020-21 to be "fun"... But it's a tough ask to put together a team (in this summer, in particular) capable of getting to the postseason with a rotation of 4 existing players and 5+ transfers.

Last comment from Forbes was that he expected to use all of the ships... I'll believe that to be the case until I hear a change in tone.

A big, big reminder here: depending on the OOC schedule, getting to 15-16 wins no matter what, would be a big win given what has left and not much returning. 2020 should be well less of a worry than 2021 and forward. It is an extremely tough ask when you fire a coach in late-April in the middle of an international pandemic, for them to fill 100% of scholarships for the next year and THEN have those players be ACC level talent. It's gonna be a rough first year and that's ok

If we win 16 games with the squad we have now, Forbes should be NCOY.

A big, big reminder here: depending on the OOC schedule, getting to 15-16 wins no matter what, would be a big win given what has left and not much returning. 2020 should be well less of a worry than 2021 and forward. It is an extremely tough ask when you fire a coach in late-April in the middle of an international pandemic, for them to fill 100% of scholarships for the next year and THEN have those players be ACC level talent. It's gonna be a rough first year and that's ok

Spot on!

Back