• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

How do they only have 2 open slots. Haven’t they had several players jump ship. I was thinking Forbes may not have done Shay any favors helping to get him that job given the attrition.

Ranger posted that in another thread, but it had one nugget I thought was interesting. Not sure when it was taped (dated 6/3), but Forbes mentioned two things in regards to the roster:

1- Even though he doesn't NEED to use all of the scholarships this year, he thinks that he will. Was responding to a question about perhaps saving a scholly or two to use in '21 given Forbes has mentioned not wanting to bring in players that can't play in the ACC (and tying up a scholarship).
2- He said he expected to add another player (or 2) in the next week or two... Said you never know about the timing of things, but I got the sense he felt good about it. My assumption would be he was talking about Johnson and a big. He was clear that he wants to add a big or two ASAP.

Ranger posted that in another thread, but it had one nugget I thought was interesting. Not sure when it was taped (dated 6/3), but Forbes mentioned two things in regards to the roster:

1- Even though he doesn't NEED to use all of the scholarships this year, he thinks that he will. Was responding to a question about perhaps saving a scholly or two to use in '21 given Forbes has mentioned not wanting to bring in players that can't play in the ACC (and tying up a scholarship).
2- He said he expected to add another player (or 2) in the next week or two... Said you never know about the timing of things, but I got the sense he felt good about it. My assumption would be he was talking about Johnson and a big. He was clear that he wants to add a big or two ASAP.

My assumption was the 2 he meant were Williamson and Johnson, believe this was taped pre-DW.

From listening to all the interviews it seems likely we will fill up the scholarships though. Will be interesting to see where these last 2 go, assuming Jalen commits soon.

Wait, you mean they didn't have three or four transfers every year? Hmm, must have just been us for the past decade.

Wait, Danny was on a roll. There were no transfers after the 2019 season (although Lewis left during the season).

Countdown until Jalen Johnson announces...

Be on standby folks. Creamy will deliver in the 12th hour!

Countdown until Jalen Johnson announces...

Be on standby folks. Creamy will deliver in the 12th hour!

10, 9, 8... hold up. Years, months, days, hours, or minutes?

From my understanding, it has been a question of when, not if, for weeks now... Seems like the answer is "soon".

And the sooner, the better, so that I can start worrying about our needs in the frontcourt.

From my understanding, it has been a question of when, not if, for weeks now... Seems like the answer is "soon".

And the sooner, the better, so that I can start worrying about our needs in the frontcourt.

twas supposed to be today so am confused

So let’s say Daivien and Wilkins don’t get waivers. Our guards will consist of:

Neath, Adams, Dubose, Antonio, Johnson(might play some 2 and 3)

Forwards- Muscius, Massoud, Tariq and let’s hope for Mutts.

C- Ody and let’s hope a true center with immediate eligibility. I’m leaving out Okeke since there’s speculations regarding his health.

So let’s say Daivien and Wilkins don’t get waivers. Our guards will consist of:

Neath, Adams, Dubose, Antonio, Johnson(might play some 2 and 3)

Forwards- Muscius, Massoud, Tariq and let’s hope for Mutts.

C- Ody and let’s hope a true center with immediate eligibility. I’m leaving out Okeke since there’s speculations regarding his health.

Mutts is out on Wake from what I'm hearing

Dang that's a bummer...You hearing any other names floating around to fill up the final couple spots?

Unfortunately not, but I'm sure there are some out there. Just a weird time for recruiting and I am increasingly pessimistic they fill all the scholarships, which is fine

Back