• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Web design platform for artist

Skydog Deac

Reaction score
I want to make a new website for my wife, who is an artist. I want her to be able to upload pictures from her phone to the site, she's not real computer savvy. Are there any web design platforms better than others that would allow her to do this somewhat easily?

Thanks, yes, a webpage, not an image platform like the two you mentioned.

I built a decent-enough page on Squarespace with zero design skills

there would still be a learning curve, but it's a WYSIWYG platform, which is nice for non-tech folks

Nothing easier than Wix.com. Many photographer and artist sites to view and get ideas. Easy to build a store on their platform. I have built about 10 sites on their platform and it is WAAAAY easier than any other I had tried in the past. Drag and drop, its that easy. Also you can build a full site at not cost, once you have it the way you like it pay a very low annual fee to drop the ".wix" part of the domain name.

She probably needs to copyright her art before the site goes up to protect herself.

If she can put together a compilation of her work, it would be a good idea for her to do it in the next 36 hours as copyright rates will be going up March 20.

After this she can copyright each piece on its own.

https://www.copyright.gov/

BTW, if she has questions, the people at the office are really good.

Is she selling art? Or just for a hobby?

Agree with dot com - Instagram might be a better starting point to attract a niche audience and build from there. Then it's a much easier funnel to a simple website.

Checkout Square, some of the templates are quite simple, but still a bit of learning curve depending on the level of customization you do to the site.

Back