• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

Trying to stick with no booze Monday through Thursday, which is a challenge in this environment. High of 42 where we live and when it's a little warmer, in the 50s, it's raining. My kids are going to get real dumb, real soon. The e-learning isn't up to snuff. E-soccer practice is better than our school's e-learning. Just really happy to have Tiger King and 90 day fiance.

I was talking with a friend in the north of England yesterday. He said cops are giving out tickets for people who are out and aren't walking, cycling, running or going to the store. He said if a cop sees your dog in your car with you, you can get a ticket. You are supposed to walk your dog in your own neighborhood not drive to walk him.

Have gas prices plummeted in your hometowns? They have gone down about forty cents per gallon over the past three weeks here.

No clue. I haven’t been driving much, but will probably get gas this weekend.

Our stay at home specifically says exercising at parks is an approved activity and you can drive in your car to perform an approved activity.

A friend sent me this one. Pretty funny!

A woman’s husband had been ordered to work from home as a part of the stay at home order from the governor. After a couple of weeks, she got a call from her next door neighbor. “How’s it going?” asked the neighbor. The wife replied “Fine”. “I haven’t seen your husband” said the neighbor. “Oh, he’s in the garden” said the wife. “Really? I’m looking out the window now and I don’t see him” said the neighbor. The wife said “You have to dig around a little bit”.

gas was $1.78 the other day. was about $2.35 for much of the winter.

have been getting up and showering/making coffee every morning. wife and I alternate who does the first baby feeding in the morning. I work from 8-1 upstairs in my office while she preps for class and cares for the baby. I come down and take care of him and continue to work from 1-5 while wife teaches.

try to avoid TV during the work day. our neighborhood isn't super walkable so we've been trying to go around to find places to stroll the baby. we had expected to spend a lot of time this spring at Biltmore since we're members there but they just closed.

Work from home hasn't been too pleasant so far. Apparently my downstairs neighbor is home all day as well because I am getting constant bass and drum thumps through my apartment floor. Kind of distracting when you've got a slate of online classes, two part-time jobs, and a dissertation to develop and can't leave the goddamn room. Funny thing is, they aren't actually being too loud (can't hear singing or melodies or talking or walking etc.); I think they just don't know how to isolate speakers. I'll leave them a note soon I guess.

gas was $1.78 the other day. was about $2.35 for much of the winter.

have been getting up and showering/making coffee every morning. wife and I alternate who does the first baby feeding in the morning. I work from 8-1 upstairs in my office while she preps for class and cares for the baby. I come down and take care of him and continue to work from 1-5 while wife teaches.

try to avoid TV during the work day. our neighborhood isn't super walkable so we've been trying to go around to find places to stroll the baby. we had expected to spend a lot of time this spring at Biltmore since we're members there but they just closed.

It was 1.73 at the Ingles. With their discount on gas they give for buying groceries, they might pay me to fill up our car!

Not sure where you are located (Im in fletcher) but Fletcher is great to get outside: the back trail is flat and will be well shaded by the trees this summer.

Got a weekly poker game that we are trying to take virtual tonight. Thinking about running it through a private Poker Stars room with a Zoom meeting thrown on top of that.

Anyone tried anything else, or have better suggestions?

Thinking about everything I could do during this quarantine if I didn’t have kids.

Life would be verrrrry chill for Wife and me and if that were the case. Alas, it is not the case and life is not at all chill right now.

Life would be verrrrry chill for Wife and me and if that were the case. Alas, it is not the case and life is not at all chill right now.

I seem to recall you having some concerns about the boy having malice in his heart. Is that still the case?

It was 1.73 at the Ingles. With their discount on gas they give for buying groceries, they might pay me to fill up our car!

Not sure where you are located (Im in fletcher) but Fletcher is great to get outside: the back trail is flat and will be well shaded by the trees this summer.

Yeah this was at my Ingles, but I think Buncombe has higher gas prices in general. My mailing address is Leicester but just on the edge of it like 10-15 mins from downtown Avl.

Bruh, life without kids right now would be fucking amazing. Life with kids is cool - get to spend a lot more time with them, but fuck me, without kids right now I would be SUPER tired of being drunk and playing video games. Or I wouldn't be tired of it.

My father in law has a ton of bad pine on his land so I’ve been playing with a chainsaw and stacking brush for the past few days. That has been cathartic.

Also, I’ve spent the breaks and evenings moonlighting as the shittiest mafia player in history.

My father in law has a ton of bad pine on his land so I’ve been playing with a chainsaw and stacking brush for the past few days. That has been cathartic.

Also, I’ve spent the breaks and evenings moonlighting as the shittiest mafia player in history.

I knew I liked you.

Are there any services that will deliver scotch to your door, without an extended delivery time(more than 7 days) or crazy additional fees?

Bruh, life without kids right now would be fucking amazing. Life with kids is cool - get to spend a lot more time with them, but fuck me, without kids right now I would be SUPER tired of being drunk and playing video games. Or I wouldn't be tired of it.

TITCR. Also more tickets to bone town.

quarantine sans kids would be sweet

agreed - it's fun to spend more time, but still... kids are relentless

Back