• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

Bruh, life without kids right now would be fucking amazing. Life with kids is cool - get to spend a lot more time with them, but fuck me, without kids right now I would be SUPER tired of being drunk and playing video games. Or I wouldn't be tired of it.

Can't see getting tired of it at all. I have a former grad student who is a young guy in his 20s, loves to play video games, and he's writing a book out of this thesis right now while getting ready to start his doctoral program in the Fall. Poor guy is hunkered down with his cute girlfriend. I was just thinking today that he's got to be living the good life right now. He's got plenty of time to do everything he wants to do.

Last edited:
kids are relentless

That’s the thing. There’s no break. And for siblings who are constantly at each other’s throats, no break from each other. On top of that, a constant feeling that I’m not doing enough to educate them. It is rough, friends. Stay safe out there.

2 adults working from home.
10 and 7 yo learning at home.
2 adults teaching them at home?
As best we can.

Got a weekly poker game that we are trying to take virtual tonight. Thinking about running it through a private Poker Stars room with a Zoom meeting thrown on top of that.

Anyone tried anything else, or have better suggestions?

Actually set this up on pokerstars last week as a home game and it went very well. Just need everyone to download the program and then its free to signup. Use playchips

we are out of eggs and I don't feel like running to the grocery store so I am baking a chocolate olive oil cake

I understand that mothers/in-laws are trying to help and want to feel productive as well... but sweet Mary and Joseph, if one more person sends me an article about 'ideas of things to do with kids' or 'how to make the most of homeschooling' right now I'm going to lose it.

If nothing else, this has solidified 2and2 into one of my top 5 posters, political views notwithstanding.

I understand that mothers/in-laws are trying to help and want to feel productive as well... but sweet Mary and Joseph, if one more person sends me an article about 'ideas of things to do with kids' or 'how to make the most of homeschooling' right now I'm going to lose it.

Its insane...... " Here's a great website for your 6 year old to start on differential calculus !"

Its been hard enough to work from home, have spouse work part-time and have the kids do computer work for school. Also, everyone in the family is eating like every 15 MINUTES. My "office' is in the kitchen area and people are constantly hungry. Even our dog jumped up on the table and ate the 5 year-olds unfinished ham sandwich.

today is day 9 with both the 2 and the 4 year old at home and I think we did our first actual structured activity today (painted some rocks). Every other day has just been 2 hours of running wild in the house, then 2 hours of running wild outside, then lunch and nap then more running wild outside if the weather is good.

Got a weekly poker game that we are trying to take virtual tonight. Thinking about running it through a private Poker Stars room with a Zoom meeting thrown on top of that.

Anyone tried anything else, or have better suggestions?

Yeah I did this last week. Gave up on Zoom pretty quickly once we started the game because the online game moves so fast.

Its insane...... " Here's a great website for your 6 year old to start on differential calculus !"

Its been hard enough to work from home, have spouse work part-time and have the kids do computer work for school. Also, everyone in the family is eating like every 15 MINUTES. My "office' is in the kitchen area and people are constantly hungry. Even our dog jumped up on the table and ate the 5 year-olds unfinished ham sandwich.

Yeah, 4th grader's teacher sent links to the math curriculum and let us know where he left off. Uhh… so... do you want us to, like, pick up where you left off and keep teaching her math?

And yes to the constant eating and space invasion. Baby, when awake, is near either me or husband. That means the other two kids are also near me or husband, so for half the day we are doing our work with three kids about 5' away.

Back