• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

Yeah, 4th grader's teacher sent links to the math curriculum and let us know where he left off. Uhh… so... do you want us to, like, pick up where you left off and keep teaching her math?

And yes to the constant eating and space invasion. Baby, when awake, is near either me or husband. That means the other two kids are also near me or husband, so for half the day we are doing our work with three kids about 5' away.

Teaching from home is no walk in the park either. In the middle of my American Lit Zoom lecture today, my students hear my wife yell from off camera, “Audrey, get the toothbrush out of your sister’s butt”. They were done with Flannery O’ Connor for the day after that.

Teaching from home is no walk in the park either. In the middle of my American Lit Zoom lecture today, my students hear my wife yell from off camera, “Audrey, get the toothbrush out of your sister’s butt”. They were done with Flannery O’ Connor for the day after that.

Well a toothbrush in the butt is kind of grotesque, so...

if you are sharing your screen on Zoom, make sure the FUCK YOU RON WELLMAN thread isn't open in a different tab.

I understand that mothers/in-laws are trying to help and want to feel productive as well... but sweet Mary and Joseph, if one more person sends me an article about 'ideas of things to do with kids' or 'how to make the most of homeschooling' right now I'm going to lose it.

Amen, sister. Been feeling this one, big time.

today is day 9 with both the 2 and the 4 year old at home and I think we did our first actual structured activity today (painted some rocks). Every other day has just been 2 hours of running wild in the house, then 2 hours of running wild outside, then lunch and nap then more running wild outside if the weather is good.

Honestly, that sounds pretty good. We're relying way too much on screen time during working hours.

Life would be verrrrry chill for Wife and me and if that were the case. Alas, it is not the case and life is not at all chill right now.

A parent can dream.

today is day 9 with both the 2 and the 4 year old at home and I think we did our first actual structured activity today (painted some rocks). Every other day has just been 2 hours of running wild in the house, then 2 hours of running wild outside, then lunch and nap then more running wild outside if the weather is good.

Ha, we also have a 2 and a 4 year old - plus two full time jobs that are both even more demanding than usual now. Relentless is the perfect word for it. Just trying to get outside when we can and cook some really good food with some really good wine when we can.

It’s only do-able because I am still on FMLA from an elective surgery (one of my hospital’s last ones before they shut those down). I have to head back to work in two weeks and then all bets will be off.

Feeling #blessed that our son hasn't arrived yet. Being a parent during this time would be tough.

Although being stuck in the same house 24/7 with a pregnant lawyer lady who's in the middle of a very stressful and frustrating arbitration isn't all champagne and roses (ducks)

Enjoyed messing with the kids yesterday -- woke them up with fart noises on their google minis, gave them brown Es after lunch, stuffed their shoes, shorted sheets, told them there was an order from our governor that they had to repeat their grades. Nice diversion.

I also shaved my head as an April Fool's day joke on my wife. She was not pleased.

MedicalFatCowrie.webp

Feeling #blessed that our son hasn't arrived yet. Being a parent during this time would be tough.

Although being stuck in the same house 24/7 with a pregnant lawyer lady who's in the middle of a very stressful and frustrating arbitration isn't all champagne and roses (ducks)

being a parent of a zero-walking baby is actually pretty easy and kinda great right now. both parents can keep an eye on it while it just lays around in various places. i definitely did not get this much face-time with my first daughter

being a parent of a zero-walking baby is actually pretty easy and kinda great right now. both parents can keep an eye on it while it just lays around in various places. i definitely did not get this much face-time with my first daughter

yeah, I've never done as much netflix bingeing as I did on parental leave with a newborn.

yeah it's been p good. especially because in the last week he's started sleeping all the way through the night so we're actually both reasonably rested.

Yeah, little lady will can/roll, but isn't to a point where she's rolling away quite yet. She's only strung together rolls a couple of times, and still seems generally content to just hang out on her mat. She's also totally content to just chill with her toys by herself, which is freaking amazing of her, and she naps/sleeps well (knock on wood). Days with just her are immensely easier than days when the big kids are here, too.

Drove past four Karen’s walking together with a whole pack of there subhuman children running around with them.

One of the Karen’s was probably about 6 to 7 months pregnant. I mean I know this is a progressive town and we are always searching for new and more innovative abortion techniques, but damn.

Back