• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

I've got a JD, but I've also got a tractor.

You sound like the reindeer rancher in Alaska who was featured on an episode of "Dirty Jobs." He seemed almost embarrassed to admit to Mike Rowe that he was also a lawyer.

You sound like the reindeer rancher in Alaska who was featured on an episode of "Dirty Jobs." He seemed almost embarrassed to admit to Mike Rowe that he was also a lawyer.

I do not like the vast majority of lawyers. I became one after leaving the contracting profession in the single-family home market in 2008.

Anybody have a good site for decent jigsaw puzzles that aren't ludicrously expensive? Amazon has shitty non-kid options and other sites I've found are pricey.

I took the first tee time and walked 18 holes this morning. 2 of us finished in 2:15 so maybe just do that to ease into the work day from now on.

Found out today we were approved to foster a dog. They even asked us to pick up the wife and kids first choice this weekend. I'm confident that within a week all three will be wanting to adopt her.

8:57/mi. My goal for the actual race was a 7:45, which in a race and flat, (and I wasn’t drinking the night before) would’ve been pretty achievable.

I would’ve tried harder if I knew people were waiting at the finish line (my house). To be honest, training has been tough since the race was cancelled. I stopped doing speed work 3 weeks ago.

Better than my time. I also ran 10 miles on Sunday. 9:30 a mile. First time I have gone that distance. I am hoping to do a half marathon. I am just hoping to get under 2 hours, but I do not know what is realistic. I never run for distance before this year. I could do a few miles at 7:45. I did 6 miles at 8:55. I think the race is not as flat as what I have been doing.

Working on my side business, watching movies on the Criterion App, playing Switch

To be fair most people should be embarrassed to admit they are lawyers.

Been pretty busy with moving my courses online, but I've recently discovered The Americans is on amazon prime video and am up to Season 4 now (the germ warfare season-go figure). About to read The World Without Us, to double down on a theme.

To be fair most people should be embarrassed to admit they are lawyers.

I’m not, at all.
Some of the very best people I know are lawyers.
One or two are some of the worst are also, but almost all of us know which are which. Not a secret exactly.
In the scheme of things lawyers are no worst than people in general, usually better, and certainly far better educated than most (excluding me, of course, in both regards).

Back