• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

awaken is going to have a heart attack tonight when he logs on to jerk it and can't find his thread

My father in law has a ton of bad pine on his land so I’ve been playing with a chainsaw and stacking brush for the past few days. That has been cathartic.

Also, I’ve spent the breaks and evenings moonlighting as the shittiest mafia player in history.

hold my beer

With all these incidents of like 7 dudes on an NBA team testing positive it certainly points to 1) Immunity waning after 6-8 months or 2) Omicron busting through the vax

Waning immunity which is why we have boosters. I think Fauci said earlier this week that the definitely of “full immunization” will change to include getting boosted.

Waning immunity which is why we have boosters. I think Fauci said earlier this week that the definitely of “full immunization” will change to include getting boosted.

There are more than 15 standard vaccinations in the US, and typically the 3rd and 4th doses are given 6 or more months after the first dose. That's how vaccines work, by priming and re-stimulating the immune system. COVID vaccines were given 3 weeks after initial shot because we are in a pandemic and trying to get people vaccinated quickly, but the 6 month booster makes sense immunologically and is consistent with other vaccines.

This seems significant, the steepness if this curve

Edit, further down the thread it seems it got revised to 18,000 cases

There are more than 15 standard vaccinations in the US, and typically the 3rd and 4th doses are given 6 or more months after the first dose. That's how vaccines work, by priming and re-stimulating the immune system. COVID vaccines were given 3 weeks after initial shot because we are in a pandemic and trying to get people vaccinated quickly, but the 6 month booster makes sense immunologically and is consistent with other vaccines.

is the hope, then, that the booster will have a longer window of immunity than the second shot?

is the hope, then, that the booster will have a longer window of immunity than the second shot?

Yep, that's the hope, though some think it may only be a year, and annual COVID shots will be protective.

Had a healthy coworker need open heart surgery after a bad reaction to the booster. Crazy.

Exactly what I wanted to hear 2 days before my booster appointment

Back