• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

I'm just rewatching old star trek episodes (and catching up on Picard) to cope. also baking. doing pretty well so far TBH

Yard is getting some attention. Can't go anywhere, gets me outside and doing something somewhat useful, but away from people, at least by enough.

Trying to eat better; the run on the grocery stores has pushed us to simplify how we're eating.

Going to bed earlier.

Trying to exercise more using my home gym.

I've been working on relearning Spanish; my February trip to Argentina inspired me to pick language back up

Watching streams of shows; last night I watched one night of the Tedeschi-Trucks Red Rocks show from last year. I've been pretty bummed with all the concert cancellations so getting to see some of these streams / old shows has been a lot of fun.

Going to FaceTime and drink a bourbon with a friend tonight; if it goes well hoping to do more virtual happy hours with friends soon.

Last edited:
Trying to eat better; the run on the grocery stores has pushed us to simplify how we're eating.

Going to bed earlier.

Trying to exercise more using my home gym.

I've been working on relearning Spanish; my February trip to Argentina inspired me to pick language back up

Watching streams of shows; last night I watched one night of the Tedeschi-Trucks Red Rocks show from last year. I've been pretty bummed with all the concert cancellations so getting to see some of these streams / old shows has been a lot of fun.

Going to FaceTime and drink a bourbon with a friend tonight; if it goes well hoping to do more virtual happy hours with friends soon.
Hit me up if you need some tips on learning Spanish. Download HelloTalk or go to ConversationExchange to find language partners, or hit up Italki for some cheap tutors

I also decided to learn Spanish, which I have never spoken, but the kids are learning at school. I'm on Duo Lingo but will check out those others.

Hit me up if you need some tips on learning Spanish. Download HelloTalk or go to ConversationExchange to find language partners, or hit up Italki for some cheap tutors

Thanks, IO - I appreciate the offer; I will definitely check out HelloTalk and ConversationExchange. I'm just using Duolingo for the time being.

Just watched into the spider verse with the 4 year old while the 2 year old naps. That movie kicks major ass.

Took the boat out yesterday and got a 4+ hour surf session in, gonna get drunk and play cornhole / drinking games tonight and chill in the hot tub, then take a long and crazy trip through my mind tomorrow might hang here or take a walk through the park depending on how the weather holds.

Pretty rough.

Took the boat out yesterday and got a 4+ hour surf session in, gonna get drunk and play cornhole / drinking games tonight and chill in the hot tub, then take a long and crazy trip through my mind tomorrow might hang here or take a walk through the park depending on how the weather holds.

Pretty rough.

You're dosing tomorrow?

Just watched into the spider verse with the 4 year old while the 2 year old naps. That movie kicks major ass.

Yes, yes it does. The only thing I didn't like was Peter Porker. He was Jar Jar Binks annoying to me. Thankfully, he had a minor role. But there is really no reason to turn a bad joke into an entire character. Otherwise, a very good super hero movie.

tonight I am going to try to get the whole family to do a three chord song together. (Girl 14, boy 12, boy 5, wife and I) Ive got some crappy guitars/amps and a shit keyboard and a small PA. I'm thinking Wild Thing...

Coping just became more difficult: “We know that the epidemiology of COVID-19 is similar to the influenza virus and has a similar disease presentation,” said Julie Armstrong, CEO of Aurelius Data. “And we know that in studies where THC was administered to mice with influenza, we saw an increase in viral loads and a decrease in the immune system to fight off the virus.”

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabi...f-its-anything-like-the-flu-data-company-says

I've done a couple group FaceTimes with our tailgating crew, and it's surprisingly great. Everyone's imbibing, shooting the shit, and commiserating about these strange times.

My cousins and sisters and I are doing a group chat tonight since it’s my sister’s birthday and she’s sad she can’t go out

We watched The Hunt last night. Pretty entertaining...released to streaming from theaters early.

Drinking a lot of whiskey and doing yard work. Refreshing manning buyout thread...Walking dogs and strolling the baby through the hood. Smoked some ribs last night. Making best of the family time and enjoying no rat race!

I usually only smoke on the golf course, but enjoyed a Padron Family Reserve cigar on the patio tonight. Along with a glass of a Willamette Valley pino noir, it’s been a nice evening.

Back