• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

I’ve never been more thankful that I live in a sparsely populated, rural area with tons of shit to do outside. We’ve done a ton of hiking the last week, and we live near state campgrounds that aren’t in use right now. Took the kids to the lake today and felt ok letting them use a playground since we saw literally no one else all day. I really feel for those on lockdown in the cities.

Play my guitars during the day. Drink Single Malt Scotch at night while watching Britbox. Next week I'm going to detail my car.

I have a golden retriever who absolutely loves to be walked. I’ve been walking him three or four times a day, in the neighborhood, the park, and along a greenway near us that used to be a golf course. At least someone is happy.

I run a lot, but the other day I did one of those plyometric boot camps online, and now my legs are so sore that I can barely sit on the toilet.

Upgrading the home office with a widescreen monitor and nerd keyboard, pulled the trigger on an indoor/outdoor golf net. And a lot of bourbon.

I have about 6 different cans of "white" paint in the basement. And a bunch of chips and whatnot on molding, banisters, chair-rails. So I'll be spending my time matching that shit and then touching it up.

dosing sounds good. Haven't done any acid since I left Wake 45 years ago.

Dear god, I am in nowhere near the right headspace for something like that. Plus being surrounded by an increasingly quarantine-irritable wife and a 20 month old that shows sociopathic tendencies? Sounds like the perfect recipe for worst trip ever. The 4yo might be able to talk me down though.

I've watched this video of Madonna in the bathtub like three times now and she is one fucked up lady.

Took a break from work today and took the boy down to a creek and threw rocks and sticks in it for an hour or so, tried to find some wildlife but nothing stirring yet except a few worms, stomped in some mud puddles and then came home for some peanut butter crackers. pretty cool

My daughter and I hopped the fence and went to explore the woods behind our new house for about 2 hours. It’s an old pine plantation with trees planted in rows. We found 4 gopher tortoise burrows. Three of them were huge. She is really excited to keep going back there to try and catch one.

Just like you guys I got outside. My dog has been sick, so I followed him out, watched him poop, and then poked at it with a stick to see if he had swallowed anything.

My daughter and I hopped the fence and went to explore the woods behind our new house for about 2 hours. It’s an old pine plantation with trees planted in rows. We found 4 gopher tortoise burrows. Three of them were huge. She is really excited to keep going back there to try and catch one.

Sounds like she takes after dad. :)

Flying back to Seattle from Raleigh on Thursday (unless my flights get cancelled again). Will be alone instead of with family but at least able to run and bike and sit in parks and be near friends and colleagues again, even if I don't get within 6 feet of them. Time to get the home office set up for the online spring term + part time jobs etc.

Flying back to Seattle from Raleigh on Thursday (unless my flights get cancelled again). Will be alone instead of with family but at least able to run and bike and sit in parks and be near friends and colleagues again, even if I don't get within 6 feet of them. Time to get the home office set up for the online spring term + part time jobs etc.

If that happens, take an Uber and write a book about the experience.

Threw down some grass seed in a few bare patches this afternoon during a break from calls. That's my exercise for the week.

Yep, cancelled and rebooked again. Trying Houston this time since Denver and Dulles routes have been dropped so far.

Back