• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

Definitely just been eating and boozing way too much. Gotta get back on the health/diet train ASAP. We found out our baby's gender yesterday (its a boy!) which led to my wife wanting to do a front yard photo shoot, and wow was that a wake up call. Of course she picked the worst possible picture of me to use (best of her, funny how that works) but regardless #fatsky is becoming real again.

Any advice on quarantine diet/fitness life? I've fired up the MyFitnessPal and will try to get back on a two meal diet today. No white carbs after noon. I have been running about every other day, but I'm going to try and ramp that up and make it a daily thing. I also just bought a case of Lagunitas IPA at Costco yesterday so figuring our how to fit those in my diet could be a problem....

Stupid ABC store doesn’t open til 11 (realized as I tried to walk in) so I’m sitting in my car in the Ingles parking lot because I have to get like 3 items there and it will take less than 5 mins.

Get some cash, a fake beard and sun glasses, maybe you can get back in line and get three more items.

Definitely just been eating and boozing way too much. Gotta get back on the health/diet train ASAP. We found out our baby's gender yesterday (its a boy!) which led to my wife wanting to do a front yard photo shoot, and wow was that a wake up call. Of course she picked the worst possible picture of me to use (best of her, funny how that works) but regardless #fatsky is becoming real again.

Any advice on quarantine diet/fitness life? I've fired up the MyFitnessPal and will try to get back on a two meal diet today. No white carbs after noon. I have been running about every other day, but I'm going to try and ramp that up and make it a daily thing. I also just bought a case of Lagunitas IPA at Costco yesterday so figuring our how to fit those in my diet could be a problem....

Advice? Eat/drink less, pants fit fatty?

Congrats!!

Disappointed that Brasky is pushing gender on his baby in utero.

As for fitness, go run your ass. You know how to do that. All of the quarantine rules allow for exercises.

The local Costco has established a special shopping hour for people over 60 from 8:00 - 9:00 Tuesdays and Thursday.. I went this morning. They had everything, even TP.

I feel like I’m practically rationing us so we can get by with once a week grocery visits. Absolutely rationing the milk as we’d be out in 2 days if I gave the clowns milk every time they whined for it out of boredom. So yeah, overeating is not a big issue in this house.

Brasky, what kind of advice do you need? There are 30034 online fitness things happening right now; pick one. Camp Gladiator is good; kind of like CrossFit lite, minus the need for a home gym setup.
Do you still know how to run? Do that, or if that's hard, go for a walk - but walk with the intent of getting your HR up, not just moseying.
Did you ever get a stationary bike trainer while IM training? Do that.

Set a schedule for yourself, and just make it happen.

I’ve never been able to consistently workout at home but I’ve done the orangetheory at home for 7 of 8 days it’s been going. You’ve just got to commit to something.

One aspect of this that has been great for me is getting my workout in during the middle of the day. I used to have to get up a little before 5am 3-4 days per week because that was the only time that really worked for me. Now, I can sleep an hour later and exercise before breakfast or do like I did today and get an hour in during the mid-afternoon. I'm sticking with my "no booze on a school night" rule and not having an evening commute has allowed me to plan ahead for dinners that may take a bit longer to prepare.

How are the grocery stores right now? Are they still ransacked or are they starting to normalize a bit?

I used to regularly go to the gym during the middle of the day. I am doing ok now, but not getting in as much exercise from home.

I used to drink a good amount, but that has increased. I am going to survive corona only to have my liver fail.

How are the grocery stores right now? Are they still ransacked or are they starting to normalize a bit?

I went yesterday for the first time in about 2 weeks. I had done some research. I got there right after the store opened at 8. I was way back in the line, but it was worth it to not line up an hour or more before opening. It took me maybe 20 minutes to get in. After that it was not as crowded as a normal weekend, unless you are there early on a weekend.

I got almost everything I wanted. I was limited to 24 eggs, which might not last my family two weeks. There was no line when I left, but if you arrived then you might not get butter, rice, flour, pasta, sugar, or some cuts of beef. Rotini was the only pasta left when I went down that aisle. I had no idea rotini was the least popular pasta style.

The toilet paper aisle had bouncers and a rope, but I didn’t need any. Produce was like normal.

I went yesterday for the first time in about 2 weeks. I had done some research. I got there right after the store opened at 8. I was way back in the line, but it was worth it to not line up an hour or more before opening. It took me maybe 20 minutes to get in. After that it was not as crowded as a normal weekend, unless you are there early on a weekend.

I got almost everything I wanted. I was limited to 24 eggs, which might not last my family two weeks. There was no line when I left, but if you arrived then you might not get butter, rice, flour, pasta, sugar, or some cuts of beef. Rotini was the only pasta left when I went down that aisle. I had no idea rotini was the least popular pasta style.

The toilet paper aisle had bouncers and a rope, but I didn’t need any. Produce was like normal.

Anti-rotites?

Was this Costco or HEB or something ?

I’m single, travel 50% of the time and own a dog. Logistically it makes sense for me to live with someone.

Does your butler really count as a "roommate?"

Back