• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

Definitely just been eating and boozing way too much. Gotta get back on the health/diet train ASAP. We found out our baby's gender yesterday (its a boy!) which led to my wife wanting to do a front yard photo shoot, and wow was that a wake up call. Of course she picked the worst possible picture of me to use (best of her, funny how that works) but regardless #fatsky is becoming real again.

Any advice on quarantine diet/fitness life? I've fired up the MyFitnessPal and will try to get back on a two meal diet today. No white carbs after noon. I have been running about every other day, but I'm going to try and ramp that up and make it a daily thing. I also just bought a case of Lagunitas IPA at Costco yesterday so figuring our how to fit those in my diet could be a problem....

sister and I are doing a run-circuit strength training-yoga rotation, each twice a week, with one day of rest

I saw a story last night that HEB wasn't running out of stuff like a bunch of other grocery chains because they were communicating with China about the outbreak and its supply chain implications over two months ago.

San Antonio-based H-E-B has been a steady presence amid the crisis. The company began limiting the amounts of certain products customers were able to purchase in early March; extended its sick leave policy and implemented social distancing measures quickly; limited its hours to keep up with the needs of its stockers; added a coronavirus hotline for employees in need of assistance or information; and gave employees a $2 an hour raise on March 16, as those workers, many of whom are interacting with the public daily during this pandemic, began agitating for hazard pay.

This isn’t the first time H-E-B has done a good job of managing a disaster—it played an important role in helping the Gulf Coast recover from Hurricane Harvey in the immediate aftermath of the storm—which led us to ask: How did a regional supermarket chain develop systems that allow it to stay ahead of a crisis as big as this one? We spoke with nearly a dozen employees, executives, and customers to better understand—in their words—how H-E-B has taken on its unique role in shaping its business around the needs of Texans in the midst of trying circumstances.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/

I am really coming around on the value of using skype, zoom, teams, etc for video calls. I just got off a call with a client in Belgium and it was much easier to communicate when we're looking at each other.

I am really coming around on the value of using skype, zoom, teams, etc for video calls. I just got off a call with a client in Belgium and it was much easier to communicate when we're looking at each other.

As long as you have the bandwidth, it’s great.

I saw a story last night that HEB wasn't running out of stuff like a bunch of other grocery chains because they were communicating with China about the outbreak and its supply chain implications over two months ago.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/

HEB is pretty awesome generally. Even now you can get about anything you want with just a little effort. The only item people in the neighborhood have been unable to find is soy sauce.

I’m running at least 4 miles every day and lifting 5 times a week, so my exercise routine has never been better. I’m not sure it’s enough to counterbalance my alcohol intake over the quarantine though. What signifies the shift towards alcoholism?

yeah, I want to keep using Zoom after everything goes back to normal

had never even heard of it before this month

yeah, I want to keep using Zoom after everything goes back to normal

had never even heard of it before this month

I had heard of it as a NPR sponsor but they've definitely blown up through all this. We use MS Teams which works pretty well and is nice since it's got some features of Slack as well.

I went yesterday for the first time in about 2 weeks. I had done some research. I got there right after the store opened at 8. I was way back in the line, but it was worth it to not line up an hour or more before opening. It took me maybe 20 minutes to get in. After that it was not as crowded as a normal weekend, unless you are there early on a weekend.

I got almost everything I wanted. I was limited to 24 eggs, which might not last my family two weeks. There was no line when I left, but if you arrived then you might not get butter, rice, flour, pasta, sugar, or some cuts of beef. Rotini was the only pasta left when I went down that aisle. I had no idea rotini was the least popular pasta style.

The toilet paper aisle had bouncers and a rope, but I didn’t need any. Produce was like normal.

Went to Central Market on Tuesday at like 2 and there was a small line. They had everything from produce, meat, pasta, butter, eggs, etc. Even had pallets of toilet paper just sitting there with no limit. This was in SA so it might be a little different in Austin but I've heard from the Texas message board that the experience is similar. Makes sense since CM is more expensive then Wal-Mart, HEB, Target, Fiesta, etc. so people are less likely to stock up there.

I’m running at least 4 miles every day and lifting 5 times a week, so my exercise routine has never been better. I’m not sure it’s enough to counterbalance my alcohol intake over the quarantine though. What signifies the shift towards alcoholism?

I just mowed the yard and hedge trimmed a huge bush I missed last fall. God my allergies. Trying super hard to not touch my face (much) or rub my eyes but man. Can barely focus on my work stuff through the sniffles and tears.

Agreed. I got a 1080P webcam for this.

I just mowed the yard and hedge trimmed a huge bush I missed last fall. God my allergies. Trying super hard to not touch my face (much) or rub my eyes but man. Can barely focus on my work stuff through the sniffles and tears.

That's just how the Vid starts. RIP.

Went to Central Market on Tuesday at like 2 and there was a small line. They had everything from produce, meat, pasta, butter, eggs, etc. Even had pallets of toilet paper just sitting there with no limit. This was in SA so it might be a little different in Austin but I've heard from the Texas message board that the experience is similar. Makes sense since CM is more expensive then Wal-Mart, HEB, Target, Fiesta, etc. so people are less likely to stock up there.

I heard CM had everything. I was planning to go there, but then someone told me they waited 2 hours to get in at like 11 am.

Posting about how much Trump sucks on the sports board and riling the 8xdeacs

Back