• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

Working over RingCentral/Zoom is great honestly. I've been able to miss several trips and just be at home with my family. For that I'm super thankful.

In terms of coping, it's honestly quite difficult. Anxiety, sadness, loss. Those are much more real now that other down season of life I've been through.

I find that going on runs and bike rides with my son, and walks with my family are great therapy.

I also find that playing virtual games with friends helps (Monopoly, etc.) as does literally just calling up people and talking to them, the way we used to before texting was a thing. My son (10yo) is actually getting quite good at talking on the phone to friends, which I think is a very positive thing.

Did a water balloon fight with the sprinklers on today. Got the boys outside and they had a good time.

Went for a walk yesterday and talked to some neighbors. Ran into a friend who was finishing up a bike ride and got to talk with him a bit.

Some friends tried to set up a big group game that didn’t work out but we ended up talking for two and a half hours. Longest “phone call” I’ve had in awhile. They have a 3 month old so they’re even more desperate than most couples for adult interaction.

Did a water balloon fight with the sprinklers on today. Got the boys outside and they had a good time.

Went for a walk yesterday and talked to some neighbors. Ran into a friend who was finishing up a bike ride and got to talk with him a bit.

Some friends tried to set up a big group game that didn’t work out but we ended up talking for two and a half hours. Longest “phone call” I’ve had in awhile. They have a 3 month old so they’re even more desperate than most couples for adult interaction.
Dude, comon man.

? What's wrong with that statement?

Also, screw all of you with nice weather right now. 45* and pissing rain for the foreseeable future.

Wife and I went and visited friends yesterday (broke the law). We sat outside and drank a couple of beers at distance.

Nice weather.

Wife and I went and visited friends yesterday (broke the law). We sat outside and drank a couple of beers at distance.

Nice weather.

I really miss hanging out with our friends.

? What's wrong with that statement?

Also, screw all of you with nice weather right now. 45* and pissing rain for the foreseeable future.

Yea, but it will be like 75 degrees and sunny for 8 days in July then who will be laughing?!

JULY DOESN'T HELP ME RIGHT NOW.

(… to respond directly to the thread title, I am not currently coping very well.)

Today I took advantage of working from home (and pleasant weather) to smoke like 15lbs of barbecue to eat all week and freeze what’s left.

I also spent about 20 minutes trying to untangle a rat king of necklaces my daughters somehow mangled together and that just about got us all timeout.

I already worked one day a week at home (IT). Now its 5, and technically it hasn't been a problem.

We planned a roll out to microsoft teams coincidentally right as this happened and I like using it.

I get "dressed" for work (jeans and a shirt), stopped shaving, and the days pretty much bleed into one.

The kids (5 and 10) are doing fairly well. We go to the park to ride bikes. School work has been challenging.

Basically its coffee in the morning and then a transition to beer at night... Stay safe everyone.

I'm still looking for some of this boredom some of you are talking about. lol Wife and I both have to still work on-site and somehow fit in home school. :rolleyes: So with altered work schedules so we can do the home schooling and keep our jobs, we see each other for a couple of hours 2-3 nights a week. We're busier now than we were before the "shutdown".

I'm still looking for some of this boredom some of you are talking about. lol Wife and I both have to still work on-site and somehow fit in home school. :rolleyes: So with altered work schedules so we can do the home schooling and keep our jobs, we see each other for a couple of hours 2-3 nights a week. We're busier now than we were before the "shutdown".

This feels relatable. I still go to the office half days, wife is home with our 18 month old in the morning. I get home around lunchtime, take over with the kiddo while she works. Then I catch up on work after dinner.

Riding out the next three weeks until the kid comes and I take some paternity leave.

Day to day has been tolerable - I’m trying to stick to a routine of showering/shaving/putting on casual work clothes.

The trips to the dog park definitely help to keep the routine intact.

dc police have been doing this cool thing where 24/7 they park on a street corner with their lights flashing as a "crime deterrent"; adds to the eerie feel of things

i was fully working from home before all this so it's been weird actually seeing more people out and about going for walks and running and stuff during the workday than before

i have just basically been reading a book or more a week and constantly trying to avoid anxiety attacks

I was talking with a friend in the north of England yesterday. He said cops are giving out tickets for people who are out and aren't walking, cycling, running or going to the store. He said if a cop sees your dog in your car with you, you can get a ticket. You are supposed to walk your dog in your own neighborhood not drive to walk him.

Have gas prices plummeted in your hometowns? They have gone down about forty cents per gallon over the past three weeks here.

Back