• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus - What is Everyone Doing to Cope?

Shorty

Boomer Boy
Reaction score
There have been several examples posted on the other Coronavirus threads about the ways in which all of us have been coping with the Coronavirus and its impact on our lives. I have gotten a chuckle out of a few those posts and have been moved by others. As a result, I thought it might be a good idea to have a place where we could share only the positives we are experiencing in spite of what has become a radically new way of life, at least for now, for all of us.

It's easy to get depressed. I know I would enjoy hearing from other posters about any good things they are experiencing in their lives as we all deal with this new reality.

As I posted on another thread, I have enjoyed having my 22 year-old daughter and her dog home with us. We haven't done things like watch TV, walk our dogs, and enjoy a glass of wine together in years. It has helped all of us deal with today's realities.

I’m getting ready to have a virtual bike ride with my bike club. We’ll see how that goes.

Come at me, bro!

220px-Corona-6Pack.JPG

fold-pak.com_.jpg

Last edited:
Those are terrible choices to me. Usually get the beef n broccoli or chicken chow mein. Maybe general tso or sesame chicken. What's your go to?

Gonna play golf solo or with my kids.

It does seem like a great time to golf. Unfortunately (in this case), I'm stuck at home with an 18 month old. He can't even clean my clubs yet.

unless you're a professional, in which case you run for the hills

Starting tomorrow Wake Forest Baptist and Novant will only be seeing patients for "emergency" situations. Basically non-emergent appointments for the next 30 days will be cancelled and rescheduled. I believe Atrium will also be doing this as well. Add the restaurant and bar closures, as well as many private companies telling people to work remotely from home and Winston-Salem should be pretty quiet. Only 1 thing left to do before everything is shut down.

Me and 4 coworkers have a pretty active text chain going in which we discuss how our boss is losing her goddamn mind. Like, full blown meltdown to the point that it’s hard to imagine how she’s able to continue as boss after all this is over.

Also, we got an 8-week old puppy.

Starting tomorrow Wake Forest Baptist and Novant will only be seeing patients for "emergency" situations. Basically non-emergent appointments for the next 30 days will be cancelled and rescheduled. I believe Atrium will also be doing this as well. Add the restaurant and bar closures, as well as many private companies telling people to work remotely from home and Winston-Salem should be pretty quiet. Only 1 thing left to do before everything is shut down.

Aw. Fuckin' shit. I was due to have my pooper scoped in early April.

Mako, you got any time to just pound my butthole so I can get my fix? I need to make sure that I have huge farts for at least 30 minutes afterward.

It does seem like a great time to golf. Unfortunately (in this case), I'm stuck at home with an 18 month old. He can't even clean my clubs yet.

I played Sunday. Two foursomes, we walked, didn't touch, yada yada yada. Then got an email from the club that night that they are shut down until further notice to disinfect because a member had just tested positive. I guess he was out there Tues and Fri, and then found out Friday night he had been in contact with someone who was positive - got tested on Sat and positive result on Sunday. I would think the chances that I got it two days later from the dude is pretty low. I washed my hands each time I was in the clubhouse, but still had to touch some door knobs. And had to touch the flag stick a couple of times. Other than that, I don't see how I would have any contact. Still a bummer to get that email. Of course, if the course is back open this weekend, I will probably play. Same deal - walking, no touching, etc. Maybe take bottle of sanitizer to use after door knob and flag stick touches.

Oops - double post. Maybe I shouldn't have boiled my laptop?

I’m doing a lot of birding. Up to 75 different species in the month of March. Just going to local parks with my kid, and walking around in the woods or beach. Great times. Best species so far was the Black and white warbler, it’s been at least 13 years since I’ve see one.

I played Sunday. Two foursomes, we walked, didn't touch, yada yada yada. Then got an email from the club that night that they are shut down until further notice to disinfect because a member had just tested positive. I guess he was out there Tues and Fri, and then found out Friday night he had been in contact with someone who was positive - got tested on Sat and positive result on Sunday. I would think the chances that I got it two days later from the dude is pretty low. I washed my hands each time I was in the clubhouse, but still had to touch some door knobs. And had to touch the flag stick a couple of times. Other than that, I don't see how I would have any contact. Still a bummer to get that email. Of course, if the course is back open this weekend, I will probably play. Same deal - walking, no touching, etc. Maybe take bottle of sanitizer to use after door knob and flag stick touches.

Seems like a great time to start putting with the flagstick in.

Started up an old keychain-making hobby that I used to do to pass the time. Figure being stuck in the house for hours on end would make a good time to pick it back up.

My club sent an email last night saying that the clubhouse is closed. The course will remain open. Carts will be available, but I think I’m going to get a lot more use out of my Sun Mountain carry bag.

Back