• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If President Trump Gives You $1,000, Whatcha Gonna Buy ?

I mean, my last Weber grill lasted 20 years and I cooked some damn fine meals on it. I'll decide if I want to upgrade in a couple of years when we consider the backyard renovation and just sell the grill for a few hundred dollars on Craigslist or something.

because our adoption still hasn't closed (and I guess won't for the foreseeable future because God knows when the courts reopen) I guess we can't get credit for having a kid. that's also the case with our tax return since we don't have his SSN yet, but hopefully by the time the July tax deadline comes we will have been able to get that resolved to claim him on our 2019 taxes.

because our adoption still hasn't closed (and I guess won't for the foreseeable future because God knows when the courts reopen) I guess we can't get credit for having a kid. that's also the case with our tax return since we don't have his SSN yet, but hopefully by the time the July tax deadline comes we will have been able to get that resolved to claim him on our 2019 taxes.

So sorry. Not so much the benefit claim but not missing out getting the little one home. Good luck!

So sorry. Not so much the benefit claim but not missing out getting the little one home. Good luck!

We’ve had him home since late December. We just haven’t completed the adoption formalities yet. They said it’d take 3-4 months but who knows now.

Awesome. In that case here's to you getting those benefits you deserve!

Wait, so if we make $75k plus, are we phased out?

Gradually phased out to $100K. Consider it a 12 month loan. Help a family member who needs it. Put it away just in case.

If I don’t get my thousand dollars, there’s no way I’m voting for Trump.

it's based on past tax returns, right? what if you made $75k last year but are an hourly worker and are now fucked?

it's based on past tax returns, right? what if you made $75k last year but are an hourly worker and are now fucked?

$75k if filed single.... $150 if filed joint.
Based on 2019 if you've already filed this year. If not then it's based off 2018.

Last edited:
$75k if filed single.... $150 if filed joint.
Based on 2019 if you've already filed this year. If not then it's based off 2018.

So dumb. It speaks to the lack of social mobility in this country that what someone made two years ago would be used to determine what they need right now.

Bloodsuckers. Capitalism, man. At least it's spelled out for everyone now.

So dumb. It speaks to the lack of social mobility in this country that what someone made two years ago would be used to determine what they need right now.

2018 tax return was filed one year ago. How many people move up a couple of tax brackets in 18 months in any economic system in any nation ?

Back