• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If President Trump Gives You $1,000, Whatcha Gonna Buy ?

Is the check based on your 2019 income or your 2019 filing? I made too much in 2019 to qualify, but if you use my 2018 income, I’d qualify.

I’m in the same boat and I think it’s based on 2018 taxes unless you’ve filed 2019. I have not filed 2019 yet.

This is dumb. Why don't they just give everyone a grand, and then take it out in tax's of those who make over 100K when they file taxes?

Problem solved.

The number of knee-jerk decisions that our federal Government is making...just...fuck me.

Why spend the money on a grill when you could rob a jewelry store & tell em make you a grill?

Probably going to use it for a down payment for the wifes next car. We were looking at used cars, but if the deals continue, might get her a new one. We will see how the corona goes.

I’m going to use the money to send some 8th graders to college.

I’m in the same boat and I think it’s based on 2018 taxes unless you’ve filed 2019. I have not filed 2019 yet.

I'm hearing that it's going to be a pre-bestowed credit toward your 2020 return. Can someone break that down for me? I'm lucky that my 2018 return had a much lower AGI than my 2020 return will have. If I qualify under the $150k threshold because 2018 was such a low year (wife was out of the job market, tons of pre-tax contributions out of my W-2). I hadn't planned to do the same things in 2020, but I can if it's going to mean that my 2020 return being over $150k is going to eliminate getting the Trump bucks now.

As an aside, I morally object to the idea of receiving Trump Bucks, but less so than taking literally every opportunity to limit the amount of money I give to the government.

giphy.gif

Back