• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If President Trump Gives You $1,000, Whatcha Gonna Buy ?

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
When our President, Donald J. Trump sends you $1,000 because you might get coronavirus, what are you going to do with the money ?

I think I might get a new Weber grill. Blow the whole wad on it. I'll even go over by getting a cover for it.

We've got plans to redo the back yard with a living area and maybe a new detached garage, but that's at least a year or two away and the old grill is kaput.

I will buy less debt.

You're just going to give your money to some bank and not get anything in return. Pretty unAmerican of you.

I just remembered that I owe the gov't kinda bigly. Definitely getting the grill though.

Stock in the travel and hospitality industry that will eventually be bailed out.

How many deacon fans can we get to pledge their $1,000 to the Fuck off Danny fund?

Maybe 45?

From the GWB 600$ handout in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Stimulus_Act_of_2008

A December 2009 study found that only about one-third of the tax rebate was spent, providing only a modest amount of stimulus.[12]

Another study investigated hospital visits in the 23 weeks following the stimulus payments and found the payments raised the probability of an adult emergency department visit by an average of 1.1 percent. The study authors suggest that need for care may have been increased by additional spending on alcohol and narcotics.[14]

Hope to find some charity that is focused on helping hourly and retail / restaurant workers through this situation.

From the GWB 600$ handout in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Stimulus_Act_of_2008

A December 2009 study found that only about one-third of the tax rebate was spent, providing only a modest amount of stimulus.[12]

Another study investigated hospital visits in the 23 weeks following the stimulus payments and found the payments raised the probability of an adult emergency department visit by an average of 1.1 percent. The study authors suggest that need for care may have been increased by additional spending on alcohol and narcotics.[14]

Feels like the population's debt situation is significantly different than it was in 2008. I would imagine most people will use the funds to draw down debt or pay outstanding expenses. We got buttfucked by Uncle Sam this tax season, so that's where our money will go if we get it. #ThanksRomney.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I think the $1000 is for only those who lose their jobs due to the virus. So you'd probably spend it on bills.

Back