• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

I actually really dug the broadcast, minus some Goodell being Goodell. The more intimate and family-oriented setting actually makes for a better draft experience to me. Was also cool to see the coaches and GMs just hanging out at home with family.

I get Rodgers point, and it's a little chicken-egg, but it's not like he was lacking for WR talent for, like, 12 out of his 15 years

I did like seeing NFL coaches homes, from Mike McCarthy being the guy that sits too close to the webcam, to Belichick trading the first pick so nobody got to see his lair. Despite Jerry Jones attempt to flex with his yacht, the clear winner was

Gronkowski

OJ Howard

Brate...I assume they dump or trade Brate.

Was reading that they're shopping Howard and keeping Braite.

The 2 WTF picks to me were GB taking Love and Sea taking Brooks this early. Brooks was a late day 2 guy on most boards because he's suspect in coverage. Why spend a day 1 pick on a LB you're taking off the field on 3rd down and in 2:00 drills. And Rodgers wants to play another 5-6 years, so go get him a WR like Mims. But Sea taking Brooks allowed my Ravens to get Queen with the next pick, and Queen is a 3 down player, so I'm happy.

I fucking HATED CeeDee Lamb when he was at Oklahoma.

I'm going to fucking LOVE him with a star on his helmet.

WR wasn't the biggest need, but man, you cannot put 7/8 in the box to stop Zeke with Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb out wide. Offense just got a lot more potent. (better go secondary HEAVY today tho)

I actually really dug the broadcast, minus some Goodell being Goodell. The more intimate and family-oriented setting actually makes for a better draft experience to me. Was also cool to see the coaches and GMs just hanging out at home with family.

Agreed. That was better than stale looking war room conference tables. The main thing I'd change would be just getting rid of Goodell and his basic 2002 basement man cave. Just tell us who got picked and give us a live reaction shot when they get the phone call. Cut out the middleman and coordinate directly with each franchise.

Overall, I thought it was different but just as fine as the normal draft. I missed the fans, but that's about it and usually that's only fun for the Jets pick. Not sure how fans in Vegas would have been different.

Everyone was excited to get a distraction from all the bad news and see some sports content and we get a broadcast all about tragic deaths

Seriously. Some stories you can't ignore, but it seemed to be overkill.

I fucking HATED CeeDee Lamb when he was at Oklahoma.

I'm going to fucking LOVE him with a star on his helmet.

WR wasn't the biggest need, but man, you cannot put 7/8 in the box to stop Zeke with Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb out wide. Offense just got a lot more potent. (better go secondary HEAVY today tho)

And Amari Cooper has 0 guaranteed dollars after 2021.

the best way to win in the NFL is hitting on high-ceiling QBs in the draft, which is obviously hard to do -- it's why I didn't hate the Trubisky pick (though I wanted Watson), but you also gotta cut your losses sooner than the Bears have

risky move that may fall flat, but not a bad strategy for the Packers

You don’t trade up for a high ceiling QB and you don’t take him well before other high ceiling QBs.

I didn’t like the Love pick because they had obvious needs they could have filled and it’s not worth pissing off Rodgers. There a big difference between draft day Rodgers and old Favre and draft day Love and old Rodgers.

Pains me that I’m old enough to have experienced both.

the best way to win in the NFL is hitting on high-ceiling QBs in the draft, which is obviously hard to do -- it's why I didn't hate the Trubisky pick (though I wanted Watson), but you also gotta cut your losses sooner than the Bears have

risky move that may fall flat, but not a bad strategy for the Packers

You don’t trade up for a high ceiling QB and you don’t take him well before other high ceiling QBs.

I didn’t like the Love pick because they had obvious needs they could have filled and it’s not worth pissing off Rodgers. There a big difference between draft day Rodgers and old Favre and draft day Love and old Rodgers.

Pains me that I’m old enough to have experienced both.

The year Rodgers was drafted, his rookie year, the team had a bunch of injured players and the Packers went 4-12 and they fired Coach Mike Sherman.

After that Favre went 8-8, then 13-3, losing in the NFC CG in overtime, so of course that's when they let Favre move on.

The next year he went 9-7 with the Jets then 12-4 with the Vikings.

Rodgers is great, but I just thought I'd throw out that Old Favre still was pretty good.

The year Rodgers was drafted, his rookie year, the team had a bunch of injured players and the Packers went 4-12 and they fired Coach Mike Sherman.

After that Favre went 8-8, then 13-3, losing in the NFC CG in overtime, so of course that's when they let Favre move on.

Rodgers is great, but I just thought I'd throw out that Old Favre still was pretty good.

Damn right he was. Hell, if he suited up today he couldn't be any worse than half the starters in the league currently. Only problem is he wouldn't make it to week 6.

I like the idea of drafting a QB and not having him, or the coach, feel pressure to get him onto the field ASAP. Take the long term view.

Honestly was shocked to see his stats on that 12-4 Vikings team after reading your post. The dick pic scandal on the Jets makes me just remember him as a joke post Packers

Honestly was shocked to see his stats on that 12-4 Vikings team after reading your post. The dick pic scandal on the Jets makes me just remember him as a joke post Packers

They should have made the Super Bowl that year....absolutely gifted that NFC Championship game to the Saints.

They should have made the Super Bowl that year....absolutely gifted that NFC Championship game to the Saints.
Probably more appropriate to say that he gifted the game to the Saints. Made a rookie mistake throwing across his body into coverage with the team close to FG range already & him having space to run for 5-10 yards (which likely would have gave the K enough for a reasonable try).

Instead of Goodell announcing the names, they should have the players announce themselves. Record their intros and just have Trey Wingo or whoever say, "With the 43rd pick, the Chicago Bears select" and then just have the player say it SNF style. I feel kinda bad for these guys getting their name mangled by the Commish.

Back