• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

That's injuries to Edjiofor, Kevin Johnson and now Strnad all within a week... Ridiculously bad luck

Alex Bachman keeps popping up in reports from Giants training camp. Think he has a real shot to make the roster.

8/24 - NY Post
This is why Bachman, a 6-foot dynamo from Wake Forest who usually is ahead of the pack in any conditioning running, has a chance. He made an over-the-shoulder catch past rookie Christian Angulo in Monday’s practice, which does not hurt.

8/21 - NY Post
Bachman caught a touchdown pass from Colt McCoy. “He’s productive in drills, he’s productive in team periods,” Judge said. “It’s no surprise to see him making plays.”

More on Bachman:

Big Blue Review
Alex Bachman — He’s more slightly built at 6-foot, 190 pounds than most of the players he is competing with. He is probably primarily a slot receiver on a team that already has Sterling Shepard and Golden Tate, two of the best slot receivers in the NFL. The young man, though, has been open and has made plays consistently throughout the first two weeks of training camp.

“Bachman, again, very much like David, he’s a guy that comes to work every day and works hard,” Judge said. “He’s productive in drills, he’s productive in team periods. It’s no surprise to see him making plays.”

Tolbert said Bachman is earning a closer look.

“He’s very knowledgeable, he’s adjusted well to the competition we’re going against. We’re going to have to see him more going against really good on good. What I mean by that is really going against the one’s and going against man coverage and everything to see how much improvement he can make with that,” he said. “The more he goes out there and makes plays, the more opportunity he’ll get.”

Have we had any other Deacs on the Giants besides Nikita Whitlock, Fred Robbins, and Thabiti Davis? I feel like I'm missing someone.

Billy Ard

The Giants also drafted Deac Richard Baldinger. Baldinger had a 10 year NFL career, starting with Giants. Three Baldinger brothers played in the NFL, Gary, who also went to WF, and Brian who went to Duke, and has been football analyst for FOX forever. Richard Baldinger was a bad ass. Legend has it that Richard visited Duke to see his brother, and got hassled by some drunk frat guys, which ended when Richard Baldinger threw a manhole cover through a window at the frat house.
image.jpg

Leonard Fournette released.

Drafted 4th in 2017 and the Jags couldn't even put together a worthwhile trade for him. Drafted ahead of McCaffrey, Watson, and Mahomes. Understandable that the Jags took him over Watson and Mahomes though because they had Bortles.

Leonard Fournette released.

Drafted 4th in 2017 and the Jags couldn't even put together a worthwhile trade for him. Drafted ahead of McCaffrey, Watson, and Mahomes. Understandable that the Jags took him over Watson and Mahomes though because they had Bortles.

Apparently, they’ve been trying to trade him since last spring and got zero interest. I mean, they got a 6th for Blaine Gabbert.

Coaches have wanted him gone for a couple of years and apparently he doesn’t fit the new offense.

Have to believe that Fournette ends up somewhere (and soon). It isn't like the dude can't play. No idea about coachability issues and culture and all of that, but if Kareem Hunt is on a NFL roster, I think there is room somewhere for Fournette.

Feels like there are a few teams that could use him... Bears, Dolphins, Redskins, etc

Especially at a reduced price.

Fournette has pretty average numbers that can be replicated by any average back who gets enough carries.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but he was playing for Jacksonville. It's not like they have the Cowboys' offensive line. He also caught 76 passes last year, so he's not just an up the middle, 3 yards and a cloud of dust kind of back.

I think it was more that he didn't fit into their plans... Not that he doesn't fit into anyone's plans.

I'd bet that he gets picked up by someone and has a very good season.

I agree. There's a difference between productive and worth paying a ton of money. He'll be productive and he'll sign somewhere for the right price.

Leonard Fournette is 25, but he looks like he is 35. He looked old as hell when he was a freshman and sophomore at LSU. From my untrained eye, he doesn't look like he has the running style or the body that ages well. Plus, the careers for RBs, not named Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore, are notoriously short. Maybe Fournette has another good year or two in him, but never thought he was kind of back that would have a long productive NFL career. Football is a brutal game, but it's particularly rough for RBs.

totally missed that Marquel Lee was cut in early August after failing a physical

Back