• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

How could he fail a physical? Does he have some sort of injury or disease?

Not all physicals are equal. Sometimes teams rethink moves and use the physical as the way to get out of a deal. Some take a few minutes, and some are extremely thorough when it comes to the previously injured body part. One of the morning sports shows had a former player talking about this a few weeks ago - how it was a formality at times and how painstaking it could be at times.

Bucs signed Fournette

I get why Earl Thomas is still on the market. I didn't get the relative lack of interest in signing Fournette for a 1 year $3-4mil deal. I get that he has some off field issues, but it seems like every vet wanted the hell out of Jax. I'm just glad he didn't end up in Pitt where Tomlin has a well earned rep for being able to handle difficult players.

Essang Bassey, undrafted free agent, has good shot to make Broncos 53 man roster - got reps with the first team, then they traded one of their CBs to the Giants.
https://predominantlyorange.com/2020/09/02/denver-broncos-essang-bassey-roster/
https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/broncos-trade-cb-isaac-yiadom-to-giants

At one point Bassey was projected as a 2nd to 3rd pick, and then, he didn't even get drafted. Vindication if Bassey makes the 53 man roster. Had heard that the Broncos had a some receiver injuries, hope there's a chance Kendall Hinton sticks with the Broncos as well, even if as a practice squad player. Cutdown day is Saturday. Strnad is in Denver too (on the injured list). Guess the Broncos scouts spent some time in W-S last Fall.

Bassey did not have a great all-around year at CB, but I was impressed with how many positions he could play in the backfield during the bowl game

I don't remember him on special teams, but would guess he'd need to be sharp there to stick

Bassey did not have a great all-around year at CB, but I was impressed with how many positions he could play in the backfield during the bowl game

I don't remember him on special teams, but would guess he'd need to be sharp there to stick

Most NFL teams like to have some guys they can plug into multiple positions. If Bassey fits that spot in Denver's defense, good for him.

FWIW, the 2018 Deacs had the following receivers:

- Greg Dortch (played in the NFL)
- Sage Surratt (projected to be late first or early 2nd round pic)
- Alex Bachman (practice squad as rookie, may make the Giants)
- Kendall Hinton (signed by Broncos, will find out tomorrow whether he makes the team or practice squad)
- Scotty Washington (signed by Bengals, in the same position as Hinton)

That is some crazy good evaluation/development only Washington (#771) and Hinton (#821 -- rated as a QB) were rated into top 1000 players in the HS class, and none would've been projected to sniff the NFL coming out of HS.

Scotty Washington cut by the Bengals.

Took about 10 seconds of crowd shots to see multiple Chiefs fans not wearing masks.

hm

Game went about as expected. Houston with an early TD, followed by unanswered points from KC.

Houston (Watson) misses Deandre Hopkins.

Game went about as expected. Houston with an early TD, followed by unanswered points from KC.

Houston (Watson) misses Deandre Hopkins.

Yeah, about as expected. KC should have had 24 points in the 1st half with that Robinson dropped TD. And they weren't even clicking on all cylinders. Edwards-Elaire is an upgrade over the RBs they've had since cutting Hunt. Easily going to be offensive rookie of the year. And I don't see Houston returning to the playoffs after the GM moves BOB has made.

Nit-picky, but I don't see CEH as a goal-line back and he wasn't really used in the passing game for KC. He looked great on that TD run (and most of the night), but he looks more like a product of the offense than a special RB.

Fuller sucks, but he's going to put up some big numbers with Hopkins gone.

David Johnson renders Duke Johnson pretty much worthless.

Back