Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1722

Thread: NFL Superbowl LV: Brady, Buccaneers Champs!

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    Philly takes Jaylen Hurts. Wow.
    I mean they have had so many QB injuries and no longer have a backup

  2. #202
    Primary OGB Benefactor
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    39,357
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Instead of Goodell announcing the names, they should have the players announce themselves. Record their intros and just have Trey Wingo or whoever say, "With the 43rd pick, the Chicago Bears select" and then just have the player say it SNF style. I feel kinda bad for these guys getting their name mangled by the Commish.
    Then the player should tell us how his dad died.

  3. #203
    What the hell are the Packers doing

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDeac View Post
    What the hell are the Packers doing
    Pissing Aaron Rogers off

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacdeTejas View Post
    I mean they have had so many QB injuries and no longer have a backup
    Seems like they could have had him later.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Then the player should tell us how his dad died.
    Did they think if the draft was a happy time they’d catch flack for it during the pandemic? I turned it for one minute and it was the panthers pick and it’s an immediate story about 2 people drowning and had to shut it off

  7. #207
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,861
    Quote Originally Posted by tintinisahottie View Post
    Did they think if the draft was a happy time they’d catch flack for it during the pandemic? I turned it for one minute and it was the panthers pick and it’s an immediate story about 2 people drowning and had to shut it off
    Apparently not enough players' family members died, they just honored a fallen soldier who was a Raiders fan.

  8. #208

  9. #209
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,861
    LOL Kirk. "I'm surprised Jake Fromm hasn't been picked yet. He's a Chase Daniel type guy."

    Nobody's looking for a Chase Daniel in the 3rd round. And even if they were, Chase Daniel didn't even get drafted.

  10. #210
    Hardly any small schools having players drafted - there was Lenoir-Ryne, however. I think the lack of exposure is making clubs pick exclusively from the SEC - esp LSU and Alabama.

  11. #211
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,861
    Just a guy from Charlotte as well. Panthers drafted from S. Illinois. The lack of pro days is a big deal.

    Tanner Muse just got drafted. He was a star at Clemson, but he had a late round draft grade last time I looked.

    How much was did the league and programs coordinate scouting compared to individual teams? It's easy to make sure someone shows up to a pro day and meets players from other local programs. It's another thing to make sure you get on Zoom with guys from FCS or D-II schools.

    Kind of annoyed that experts don't get why Eason and Fromm are still available. Everybody's got their QBs. The #1 picks in the 2011 and 2015 drafts are free agents and just hanging out there. Andy Dalton is available for cheap. If you have needs, why would you draft a QB in the 3rd round. Five QBs were taken and the 4th and 5th were controversial picks.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 04-25-2020 at 12:06 AM.

  12. #212
    So I guess this means there are some great mid to late round picks from small schools to be had. I bet we'll look back at a team that really made out like the 1974 Steelers did.
    Last edited by awaken; 04-25-2020 at 12:15 AM.

  13. #213
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,861
    Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    So I guess this means there are some great mid to late round picks from small schools to be had. I bet we'll look back at a team that really made out like the 1974 Steelers did.
    Yeah. Good news for teams like the Panthers who have a lot of holes that could be filled by quality late round picks and UFAs.

  14. #214
    Scooter Banks
    ChaosDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mt. Terror, WA
    Posts
    7,697
    I'm sad that our "Drunk Uncle Roger in his favorite chair" time is almost certainly over. Watching him recline more & more last night was hilarious.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Just a guy from Charlotte as well. Panthers drafted from S. Illinois. The lack of pro days is a big deal.

    Tanner Muse just got drafted. He was a star at Clemson, but he had a late round draft grade last time I looked.

    How much was did the league and programs coordinate scouting compared to individual teams? It's easy to make sure someone shows up to a pro day and meets players from other local programs. It's another thing to make sure you get on Zoom with guys from FCS or D-II schools.

    Kind of annoyed that experts don't get why Eason and Fromm are still available. Everybody's got their QBs. The #1 picks in the 2011 and 2015 drafts are free agents and just hanging out there. Andy Dalton is available for cheap. If you have needs, why would you draft a QB in the 3rd round. Five QBs were taken and the 4th and 5th were controversial picks.
    re: Muse, I think his 40 time at the combine really boosted him -- second fastest safety to run, I believe

    re: QBs, I think the thinking is that a team like Indianapolis who has a short-term veteran solution should be picking for the future without having to start them right away -- not an apples to applies comparison with Dalton et al

  16. #216
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    netflixnchildres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winston Salem
    Posts
    5,176
    Now lets get a few guys picked in the NFL draft today!!

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Now lets get a few guys picked in the NFL draft today!!
    Yep, I think Bassey, Strnad and Herron will all be gone before the 7th round

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Now lets get a few guys picked in the NFL draft today!!
    Will be a great day for WFU sports. A new school holiday that gets engraved on plaques and stuff.

  19. #219
    Charlotte and App State both have two players selected before anybody is taken from a Big Four school. Interesting.

    Edit: Never mind missed that the OT from UNC got selected right before the OT from Charlotte.

    Bassey and Herron are the two Deacs likely going today, right?
    Last edited by BillBrasky; 04-25-2020 at 01:24 PM.

  20. #220
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118,861
    LOL at Fromm. Newman's going to get taken higher next year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •